Thread: Lost all advanced parameters with update

Tuner in Training

Lost all advanced parameters with update

So I was running 4.8 and just updated to 4.10.7 and now I have limited parameters for tuning that I had in 4.8. I have no option to change any transmission parameters. Only happens with my 2007 Wrangler calibration. Tried it with a gm cal and its fine.

Yes I already did the Edit>View>Advanced

Any Idea what's going on?
    Last edited by martinique78; 05-08-2022 at 10:19 PM.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    sounds like you opened a file with no TCM calibration in it. Doesn't sound like a software version issue to me.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    sounds like you opened a file with no TCM calibration in it. Doesn't sound like a software version issue to me.
    Bill,

I did a full read on my jeep and before i did the software update i could see everything (shift points, pressure, tc, tm, etc...). After the update I only have the general tab that only has 4 drop down boxes with transmission selection.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    are you able to post the .hpt file?

Senior Tuner
    Pro tip.

ALWAYS keep your your last version when updating!!! Use a 2nd PC and thoroughly inspect the new version before committing to update your main PC. Don't plug in the MPVI on a new version until your happy with it.

Very rarely will an update add new tables to older supported vehicles. Only if you're tuning new cars would I recommend updating as that is what most of the updates address.

Tuner in Training
    2007 JKU Rubicon Stock.hpt
    1489780031.hpt
    2008JKR v80B.hpt

Here are three tunes that all have the same outcome with missing parameters for me

One is my stock tune from my jeep. Another is from this forum. The last is a stock tune from the repository.

File 1 is missing trans stuff
    File 2 has lots and lots and lots of trans parameters
    File 3 is again missing everything

Using 4.8.7 here.

Advanced Tuner
    Say it isn't so.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post

Using 4.8.7 here.
    So if i did a full read, why is the trans info missing?

Also i'm using 4.10.7 and i tried using the second file that you said had lots and lots of trans info and i still get nothing when i load it.
    Last edited by martinique78; 05-09-2022 at 11:08 PM.

Why that particular info is missing, I can't answer, but things changed when 4.10.x dropped.
    Maybe try un-installing 4.10.x and installing 4.8.7
    See if that gets you back to where you want to be.
    If you didn't save a copy of 4.8.7 or earlier, might try private messaging someone that does have it.
    I'd venture to bet it would get removed by the moderators if one where to upload and attach it here on the forum.

Senior Tuner
    Yes it will be removed.

As will any post that mentions the EPA or emissions............ Doesn't matter what country you're from, all tared with the same brush apparently. Even though no-one outside of the US really gives a fuck about the US.

Quote Originally Posted by hjtrbo View Post
    Yes it will be removed.

As will any post that mentions the EPA or emissions............ Doesn't matter what country you're from, all tared with the same brush apparently. Even though no-one outside of the US really gives a fuck about the US.

You use to post things that were helpful to people - especially your work with 6L80 / 6L90 tuning.

You have become bitter - and your posts are now primarily emotional.

Your anger seems to be rooted in that this is somehow a result of HPT being based in the USA.

EFILive is based in your part of the world - and over the years they have the done much of the same things with their tuning software.

About a decade ago, EFILive decided to add support for Cummins diesel tuning. They focused solely on this pursuit - and all but abandoned ongoing support for gasoline customers - who at the time, made up the overwhelming majority of their users - who had paid in good faith for this product.

EFILive eventually removed all of the DPF parameters from their diesel calibrations. Then they decided that they would limit their version of User Defined Parameters (*.cax files) - even though many users had spent years developing these - and in spite of the fact that they no longer truly supported gasoline platforms.

In our current world, tuning software companies essentially have a target on their back - especially when it comes to emissions compliance. This movement started to gain traction about a decade ago, thanks to the morons (you know - about 85% of the population) that thought it was "funny" if their diesel trucks filled the sky with thick black smoke - and developed custom tunes to do just this - outright idiocy.

This is where we are at globally.

On a side note - Microsoft stopped supporting Windows 7 several years ago - despite the fact, that at that time, it is was the most widely used Windows operating system on the planet.

Companies must operate their businesses in the way that they see fit - whether you personally agree with these policies or not.

I own a business in the automotive aftermarket. If a customer ever attempted to tell me how I should be operating my business - they would no longer be a customer - permanently.

So you have a choice.

You can post helpful threads - sharing your insights and expertise.

Or you can be the bitter fellow from downunder - with a shrimp on the barbie, drinking a Foster's - complaining about the rest of the world.

Senior Tuner
    No one in Australia drinks Fosters. A few bush chooks maybe if you're out west.

Quote Originally Posted by hjtrbo View Post
    No one in Australia drinks Fosters. A few bush chooks maybe if you're out west.
    I know - my point was about stereotypes - which you immediately took issue with when it applied to you - but which you apply to the rest of the world.

Hypocrisy is not a characteristic of a gentleman.

Senior Tuner
    Was a clarification. No issue was taken. Hard to know what you're thinking between the lines.

Tuner in Training
    Well those last few responses were very helpful

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post

Using 4.8.7 here.
    I'm seeing the same, I would recommend opening a support ticket and we can have our dodge engineer review. Not sure if its a bug or what TBH.

https://support.hptuners.com/