Thread: Newbie e40 idle tuning

Potential Tuner

Newbie e40 idle tuning

Hello, I recently bought a 06 trailblazer ss with the e40 ecu and a ls2 that had work done prior to purchase. It has a RPM speed high lift ls1 hot cam (link below to cam). I am attempting to do my first tune after buying hptuners. I had a local tuner come out to do it he spend 2hrs and couldn't get it to idle so he gave up and left without getting paid. I then messaged him and got blown off so I decided to just bite the bullet and start learning how to do this myself (hopefully with some help) lol. I am attaching the starting file he left on the truck, and the latest attempt I made after trying to start with my VE table which from this forum and YouTube seems to be where I needed to start. After making a few adjustments my VE table maxed out in the spots that I get at idle so I haven't moved on to anything else yet. I have my AEM 30-4110 hooked up in the drivers side y pipe tube and then the red wire to the red wire on the mvpI2 pro link cable and the histogram set up using the 30-4110 scale it has built in the scanner. Any help in what direction I need to go would be awesome.

pace setter long tubes, 3" y pipe, ls7 maf, 4" intake tube, factory nbs throttle body, tbss factory injectors, rpm high lift ls1 hot cam (link below) truck has fresh 91 in it.

https://rpmspeed.com/product_info.ph...3378ujg37q4lv3

Thanks,

Aaron
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    The tune is not ready for idle tuning. So for now, just leave that stuff alone if you already have a decently stable idle.

FYI, The "verev9" file is set to run MAF only. So, changes you make to your VE table at idle will have little to no effect.

Set your wideband to show Lambda, not AFR.
    Disable LTFTs for now.
    Set the VE table back to stock and then reduce the 400 and 800 rpm rows by 10%.
    Set your cranking VE table to 90%
    Set Dynamic airflow to Disabled:300rpm/Re-Enable:200rpm.
    Set your injector flow rate table back to stock. (Injector parameters do not change unless the actual injectors are changed)
    Set your Stoich table back to stock.
    Set your PE RPM delay to 0 rpm.
    Copy your Hi spark table to your Lo spark table and subtract 5-8 degrees from the Lo spark table. (When you are done tuning you can set this back to however you want. Best practice is to let the computer pull timing if it sees knock. Hi/Lo spark tables set the same sometimes does not allow this process to work)
    Add 15% to your MAF LO curve.
    Add the MAF Hz channel to your logs and then adjust the MAF idle area so STFTs are +/-5.
    Tune the entire MAF table (Hi and Lo tables) using STFT for normal driving areas and wideband EQ error for WOT areas. (Keep the tables smooth and do not forget to match the Lo and Hi tables at 5800hz)

Once MAF is tuned, then move to VE tuning.

Once VE is tuned, then you can look into idle tuning if you still are not happy with it. Idle quality is directly related to how well the MAF/VE tables are tooned.

Potential Tuner
    Thank you for your time! I will give that a shot and see where that brings me. Most of this makes sense. I was able to follow what you said just going from the stock tune.

Only thing on that list I cant figure out is how to set my aem 30-4110 to show lambda instead of AFR.