Thread: 2016 S550 2 speed powerglide wont start whatsoever !!!

Tuner in Training

Angry 2016 S550 2 speed powerglide wont start whatsoever !!!

Hi all

I?m now on my second week trying to fire up this vehicle with no luck , long story short, vehicle was tuned before and locked with e85 tune, and I want to use it with a pump gas to drive it here and there and load the e85 only on the track day, so I return it to a stock file by VIN #

Vehicle is 2015 mustang (((originally auto 6r80))) with F1A procharger + JPC powerglide 2 speed kit + fore triple fuel system + id1000

At the beginning with an auto tune vehicle won?t even crank with wrench showed up on dash, after that I heard that I have to swap it to manual strategy and I did it (6 credits), vehicle now cranks but it won?t starts at all, later I checked the injectors and I was told that there were id1050x then i found out that they are id1000, I change the data but it still won?t start

I tried all my knowledge and nothing works

I really want any help with that even there is a charges that needs to be paid for a base file
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    where is your MAF located?
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by SultanHassanMasTuning View Post
    where is your MAF located?
    before the throttle body (photo is attached)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    while cranking can you check for spark or see if your injectors actually fire

did you pull a plug to see?

ECM: 7E8, CAN
    VIN: 1FA6P8CF2G5225592 - 2016 Ford Mustang GT Coupe, 5.0 L, V8
    Serial: 306929015
    Calibration IDs: FPGP6SB.H32
    Basic PIDs: 41
    Trouble Codes:
    P0315 - Crankshaft Position System Variation Not Learned (Current)
    P0630 - VIN Not Programmed or Incompatible - ECM/PCM (Current)
    Controller Type ID By OS: 0
    Diagnostic Requirements: None
    Scanning Methods:
    Last edited by SultanHassanMasTuning; 05-10-2022 at 05:47 PM.
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by mus3bon View Post
    Hi all

I?m now on my second week trying to fire up this vehicle with no luck , long story short, vehicle was tuned before and locked with e85 tune, and I want to use it with a pump gas to drive it here and there and load the e85 only on the track day, so I return it to a stock file by VIN #

Vehicle is 2015 mustang (((originally auto 6r80))) with F1A procharger + JPC powerglide 2 speed kit + fore triple fuel system + id1000

At the beginning with an auto tune vehicle won?t even crank with wrench showed up on dash, after that I heard that I have to swap it to manual strategy and I did it (6 credits), vehicle now cranks but it won?t starts at all, later I checked the injectors and I was told that there were id1050x then i found out that they are id1000, I change the data but it still won?t start

I tried all my knowledge and nothing works

I really want any help with that even there is a charges that needs to be paid for a base file
    injector data looks wacky, high slope, low slope, and break points appear wrong. are returnless system still or converted to return style? that maybe why the data looks off. attache XLS for either way
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by mstang_man View Post
    injector data looks wacky, high slope, low slope, and break points appear wrong. are returnless system still or converted to return style? that maybe why the data looks off. attache XLS for either way
    id1000 mt strategy file 6.hpt is corrected as per the data sheet with a 58 psi base pressure

Mentioned before that it has a Fore Innovations triple pump fuel system, so definitely a return style

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by SultanHassanMasTuning View Post
    while cranking can you check for spark or see if your injectors actually fire

did you pull a plug to see?
    :
    Didn’t do that, will check them ASAP

Hmm...funny. A lot is going on here - seems more like mechanical problem to me.

You have injection DC so is triggering injectors unless you have a blown fuse somewhere.

MAF is reading something so it's moving air. It's cranking so it's not PATS.

You have RPM but your VCT is not in the right place: IVO +4 and EVC +7 - this can indicate problem in timing chains or bad cam sensor

VCT should be disabled below 400 rpm.

Add Torque Source to the log.

EDIT: if nothing was done to the engine mechanically it means something in eeprom is causing this. Its not just to change strategy(bin file)
    but also eeprom which contains a lot of info. HPT can't change anything in eeprom. Unless you have a tool to work on eeprom you need another
    PCM from manual vehicle. Unless strategy you changed with is not compatible. Ocean of possibilities.

There is a switch under Trans to disable AT - might try to load old strategy and use that switch to disable AT - never tried that tho.
    It wont crank because its not seeing trans range sensor that indicates it's on P or N position.
    Last edited by veeefour; 05-11-2022 at 12:38 AM.