Thread: LTFT causing lean condition?

Tuner in Training

LTFT causing lean condition?

I have tuned my MAF and VVE tables then zeroed fuel trims and turned everything back on. The problem is now when Im logging EQ ratio error it appears to be slightly lean all the time and my fuel trims seem to be pulling fuel? I have a few things I think may be the issue but thought I would ask someone more experienced. I have my virtual flex fuel sensor disabled but the fuel here ( Canada ) is all up to 10% ethanol. can I adjust my Stioch table to say 7% ethanol so the fuel trims can handle the rest? Also when Im in boost my Eq ratio still stays at 1 is that OK? I thought I should be rich while in boost. when Im in PE my EQ ratio look good .78 ish but when I roll into the throttle or go up a hill and come into boost Im not in PE? Then I also noticed my delivered torque maxes out at 640 and stays there? I attached my most recent Log and tune files. If anyone could have a look and give me some pointers it would be appreciated. thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

Change the stoich to a little lower if all you run is E10, probably like 14.3-14.4ish because it's usually never exactly 10%.

I bet if you trimmed like 1-2% from the MAF curve at cruising speeds it would bring your LTFT's back up closer to zero, anything within 3-5% of zero is good enough to me.

In that log when it hit boost your commanded AFR/EQ went down and your wideband was reporting 11's for AFR as well, so that seems to be working just fine. I'd try different PE settings to see if that helps with the not hitting PE when it does go into boost. Lower your rpm delay to like 1,400rpm, raise the MAP kpa to 90-95kpa and lower the pedal enable down to 10%.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    thanks 5FDP
    I set the stioch to 14.3 in the zero column as I have the virtual sensor disabled. is that right? or do I need to do the whole table?
    I also changed the PE and MAF settings to what you recommended. I will see how it works. thanks again I really appreciate it.

The first slot in the stoich is all you need.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.