Thread: Pulling timing in certain areas 2008 z06

Potential Tuner

Pulling timing in certain areas 2008 z06

Doing some pulls and out of nowhere the car feel like its cutting out. Sure enough its pulling all the timing out. Also dont know why but my commanded afr is 24 out of nowhere also. Seems to idle fine even though it was 24:1 afr.

Those cut outs although looking like traction control might be an issue there was no spin.

Car has a AA v1ti kit on it. BAP, 1050x injectors and all new plugs and wires. 1 bar map sesnor. 2 bar OS.

050922.hpl 2008 z06SC tune.hpt

tune and log attaced. Happens at the 7 minute 7 second and at the 7 minute 45 second mark. Sorry for the long log but wanted to make sure i captured it all.

Cleaned MAF sensor just in case something was up with it but it still does this. Thanks!
    Last edited by nikoslab_Z06; 05-10-2022 at 11:14 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by nikoslab_Z06 View Post
    1 bar map sesnor. 2 bar OS.
    Try a 2 or 3 bar sensor with proper linear and offset data entered in the tune file.

Add intake manifold pressure, cylinder airmass, and any channels related to timing modifications/sources.

AFR commanded is showing 24 because your tune file is setup to work around the 63lb/hr injector flow rate limit with the double stoich/halve INJ flow rate/halve IVT temps method.

Potential Tuner
    Would I need a new tune if I put a 2 bar map sensor and scale it correctly?

Advanced Tuner
    You wont scale it. MAP sensor data, like injector data, does not change unless the physical part changes. You install the physical sensor then open your tune file and input the specific linear and offset data that matches the sensor, then flash the tune. Done correctly, nothing would change below ~103kPa. KOEO BARO/MAP should read right around ~100kPa(just like it does now), depending on your location. Above ~103kPa you will need to re-tune the VVE/VE table, since your stock sensor never reported anything over ~103kPa. Search around on this forum for the common 2 or 3 bar sensors most people use, most are genuine GM sensors from different GM applications. Usually someone will post a sensor part number and correct sensor data. Do not buy a holley 2/3 bar and expect it to work correctly.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by eXo3901 View Post
    You wont scale it. MAP sensor data, like injector data, does not change unless the physical part changes. You install the physical sensor then open your tune file and input the specific linear and offset data that matches the sensor, then flash the tune. Done correctly, nothing would change below ~103kPa. KOEO BARO/MAP should read right around ~100kPa(just like it does now), depending on your location. Above ~103kPa you will need to re-tune the VVE/VE table, since your stock sensor never reported anything over ~103kPa. Search around on this forum for the common 2 or 3 bar sensors most people use, most are genuine GM sensors from different GM applications. Usually someone will post a sensor part number and correct sensor data. Do not buy a holley 2/3 bar and expect it to work correctly.
    Gotcha. Thanks. It?s just weird how it?s happening all of a sudden when it was running fine before. But I?ve been meaning to go to a two bar sensor anyways.

Potential Tuner
    Filled up some gas and the problem doesn?t persist. Hoping it was just a bad batch of gas.