Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: what im i missing? idles high and have to push gas to get it to start.

"right around 12 with car off" - around 12 whats? Key-on/engine-off the MAP should read equal to barometric pressure - 100-ish kPa at sea level, less with altitude. Normal MAP reading at idle depends on camshaft and idle speed but generally between 40 and 60 kPa. Remember these are Absolute numbers not Gauge.

What stock parts did you keep in the swap? Catalytic converters & downstream O2s? EVAP stuff? No other factory modules like BCM or whatever? 4WD?

Tuner in Training
    ok i let it idle for 3 min to relearn the dbw. does this all look normal?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    sorry missed your replys! im at 5000 feet above sea lvl.
    all stock but no maf only one 02 sensor and no cats and a sloppy stage 2 cam (that im regretting starting with lol) 06 silverrado all alm 5.3 with a ls1 intake stock truck injectors
    it has a 2wd trans out of a trailblazer (what it says when i look up part #) came in the car.

Sounds like your MAP units are in psi, 12 psi would be around atmospheric at 5000 feet.

Please clear your DTCs before you make any more logs.

I made a few changes, mostly the mess that was the DTC list.
    5-10i650 - meh, i do this because have no life.hpt

Tuner in Training
    ok i started it again this time i put a board over teh intake and sealed it off. and it did not die and did not change the idle much at all but would hold the board there with suction. that tells me i have to have a vacuum leak some where right??

Tuner in Training
    i did it!!!!!! it runs and idles and i can push the gas!!!!!! i found a peace of plastic under the intake that goes to the intake that fell off when i was installing the intake!!!

thanks everyone!!!! it feels so good! i have been fighting this for almost 2 weeks now lol

this is on blindsquirrel's tune. thanks again!

now to work on the idle and tunning with a big cam lol

In your previous logs, one thing to look for is high idle with spark timing pulled way down low (near zero or even negative). I noticed that but with so many other known-unknowns put it aside. But in the future if it goes from running good to running bad and you see those same signs, you'll know what to check (too much air getting in from somewhere).

Tuner in Training
    this has been 2 weeks of hell but there is light at the end of the tunnel! lets just hope its not a train! lol thanks again for all the help.

Tuner in Training
    i got to drive it today!!! here is the log from the first drive. anyone see anything thats crazy off?

It's pretty rich, the fuel trims are removing a lot of fuel. Double check your fuel pressure too, make sure it's not pushing over 58psi.

But with a camshaft and intake swap it will need a decent amount of tuning of the VE table to bring fueling back in line.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    It's pretty rich, the fuel trims are removing a lot of fuel. Double check your fuel pressure too, make sure it's not pushing over 58psi.

But with a camshaft and intake swap it will need a decent amount of tuning of the VE table to bring fueling back in line.
    thank you! that is next now that i got it moving is to work on the ve table and idle.