Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help TB tuning

Advanced Tuner

Help TB tuning

I am working on 18 Shelby GT350R. I pulled a histogram from the group, and set it up for the Shelby Parameters. I understand the what the datalog is showing me but i am not sure how to apply the data. attached is a snap shot of the datalog. any assistance would be appreciative.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Advanced Tuner
    What issue are you trying to correct?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by engineermike View Post
    What issue are you trying to correct?
    3rd gear hesitation, around 2,700 rpm to about 3,000 rpm it bogs like it hit a limiter. it could possibly be torque related, but the tables are all stock at the moment. and there slight Maf adjustment but not to the point it would cause what happening. not sure what i am missing.. besides the Open Loop TA. its actually 2500 -4000k rpm
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by mstang_man; 05-11-2022 at 09:00 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    The way to tune the Tb area is to disable the pid airflow feedback control. Then drive it, logging desired airflow vs maf at different throttle angles. When desired and actual airflow don’t match, the Tb area table is inaccurate. If maf exceeds desired, increase the area for that angle and vice versa. I’ve achieved less than 2% error but 5% is usually ok. Then turn pid feedback back on and you’re done.

working on stock GT350R or modified
    Turbocharged COYOTE

PM for E tune / Remote Tuning
    [email protected]

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by small tuner View Post
    working on stock GT350R or modified
    N/A, JLT CAI, Stainless Works LT, Full cat Back, No Cats. As it stands MAX ETC Pid Term(3.500) & MIN ETC Pid Term set to (-3.500), TB airflow at Zero Degs Rotation ( 0.2500), i have Min throttle for torque rate airflow limiting set to (0), Anti shuffle switch set to (0).
    Last edited by mstang_man; 05-12-2022 at 07:09 AM. Reason: spelling

start with stock calibration and applying maf correction with disabling rear o2
    Turbocharged COYOTE

PM for E tune / Remote Tuning
    [email protected]

Advanced Tuner
    The way to tune the Tb area is to disable the pid airflow feedback control.

Would that be "max torque feedback"?

Advanced Tuner
    No, it would be changing the PID gains all to 0. However, you have to be careful when doing this because it no longer corrects Tb angle to achieve desired airflow, which is the point. But, if the Tb model is grossly off then it can be a safety hazard. For the record, I’m not *recommending* anyone do this, but I did it and it worked extremely well. If you choose to do this, proceed with caution because if the Tb model is off throttle response can be erratic. Anyway, I’ve tuned two cars like this and got the maf to be within 2-5% of desired airmass with feedback control disabled. The cars drove perfectly normal. Then I put the PID values back to let the feedback loop take the remaining error out.

Advanced Tuner
    Gen 2 or 3? I'm gen 2 and the only feedback I find is max torque.

Where are these PID's?

Advanced Tuner
    Tables 12408, 35994, 12407, 35995, 12406, and 35996

Advanced Tuner
    OK, I see it now, the definitions are not good enough for my pea sized brain.

When I compare my best tune for this TB against MAF period and airflow I get max error of just over 1 Lb. I can't see this causing my troubles. On this same tune my Tq error at max is 16 Lbs.

From a stop when I slowly feed it throttle it speeds up slowly then spins the tires. It acts like I stabbed it when I did not.

6th gear in town has a slight surge.

I'll get a good log with this tune.

Could this be the slope and config like Mustang man thinks?

Advanced Tuner
    I’d need to see what app, throttle angle, torque demand, brake torque, desired airmass, and maf are doing when the issue occurs. This would be with pid control off and a fast polling rate.

Advanced Tuner
    Will be a couple of hours, I'm not able to get the car in a safe place to turn off the feedback. Have my grand daughter with me today, no school.

Did a log with the PIDS on and the desired airmass is running about 20% less than what the MAF airflow is showing. My LT + ST's are all in the 5% or less area.

Advanced Tuner
    Looks like that snapshot is at wot, where the wot start and end control throttle angle, not airflow control.

Advanced Tuner
    OK here we are Starting around 9:18:40 it goes off the rails, part throttle.

Advanced Tuner
    9:18:40 doesn't exist in that log.

Advanced Tuner
    Circled. Anyway the tq errors are obvious.

Advanced Tuner
    Right now I'm drawing a blank on how to even start fixing this.

Thanks for any help.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by K44 View Post
    Right now I'm drawing a blank on how to even start fixing this.

Thanks for any help.
    These guys are supper geeks and you will have to filter through it, but may help if you havent read it yet.https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...=torque+layout