Thread: Manual Control for wastegate did NOT work, did I do it wrong?

Advanced Tuner

Manual Control for wastegate did NOT work, did I do it wrong?

Finally giving manual boost control a try but nothing happened. The ECU is still controlling it. I even pulled the file from the car to be certain I used the right one, and I did.
    Am I supposed to do something else too? Seem to me you just click Manual Control to Enable and that's it.

Manual Control.jpg

manual turbo from car.hpt
    '16 E550 Coupe RWD - C207.373 / M278.922 / MED17.7.3 / 722.909

It's not what you want to hear, but you really should figure out the underlying problem that is pulling power. It could be a fuel issue or something else (even without trouble codes) and the PCM may actually be protecting itself even though the issue isn't obvious. I think your tuning efforts would be a lot less frustrating also. Just my 2 cents if putting myself in your shoes.

My high pressure fuel pumps started to have problems recently and I noticed reduced boost months before any obvious fuel pressure issues or related codes. Your elevated LTFT makes me wonder.

Do you have a table logging LTFT at different RPM/load? Might be interesting to see if it's +10% across the board or more in certain areas

Advanced Tuner
    Been trying to figure out why for two years.
    I tend to have issues nobody has heard of, basically a jinx, so its very possible this is unique to me and I'll never find the problem. If you have any thoughts I'm all ears, but nothing typical causing it.

Fuel trim varies maybe 5 to 12 but generally ~10. Doesnt matter what I set the ratio to. Pressure is spot on at all times. I could bump psi but why is trim off in the first place?
    The manual boost is to prevent the ecu from commanding it because its all over the place. It can vary >10psi up/down through a gear and isnt the same each time. It might make a ton of power down low and peter out by 4500, or the inverse and pull hard past 6k, with the same tune btw.
    I dont really want to make my own boost conroller, at least not before I try manual mode. So Ive been wondering if it doesnt work and Im the first to try it, or it just doesnt work for me?