Thread: Another Unlicensed Vehicle Error

Potential Tuner

Another Unlicensed Vehicle Error

Hello,

I am running in circles.

I bought the MPVI2 back in the spring of 2019 and it has worked up until today.
    I purchased an email tune. Sent off my base tune last week and then got it back this morning.
    When I tried to open the file VCM said I had to update to the latest version. So I did that.
    VCM editor opens and I looked around the file to check changes and what not just fine.
    Then I went to write the new tune to the car and it said "unlicensed vehicle". No option to license it or anything like that.

So I uninstalled everything and reinstalled. I now have no license information and when I resync it says it completed but does not fill in my license info.
    Now the only thing I can do is read the current tune in the car. The write button is greyed out, so I can't even try to write it and get the unlicensed vehicle error like earlier this morning.

I thought I simply needed to license again, purchased two more credits, which I have now learned was a complete waste of $100.

I need help. I can't get this to work. Have spent money on the device, credits, tune.... And now I can't even get MPVI2 to write my old tune files.

Ticket # 71224

Thanks.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    looks like one of our support techs has replied to your ticket requesting some additional information in order to troubleshoot your issue.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"