Thread: 2020 RXT X attempt to read.

Tuner in Training

2020 RXT X attempt to read.

Finally got a chance to make it out to the ski, new interface, new laptop, new to me ski.... I open up the editor and get to read the ECU, VIN shows up and progress bar goes green all the way across, says read complete.. but never asks to save file... not sure what I'm doing wrong.. I have poor video of it.. https://youtu.be/iLuKlc233nM Any input on what I'm doing wrong would be appreciated

Tuner
    you using the latest beta software?
    you may need to contact HP Tuners support.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbranella View Post
    you using the latest beta software?
    you may need to contact HP Tuners support.
    going to try the beta today.. was using the.. stable version..

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by SloSVO View Post
    going to try the beta today.. was using the.. stable version..

that version doesn't work for our ECM.
    Must use the beta.. make sure you have the latest version of the beta.

Tuner in Training
    downloaded the Beta..from the Hptuners website yesterday.. went over to the ski.. got a little further, but now a new error. Not sure if it has to do with the firmware on the MVP2 or just another glich..https://photos.app.goo.gl/zXXQuHWvaaKoqmAc9
    Last edited by SloSVO; 05-14-2022 at 09:56 AM. Reason: adding picture.. or trying to

Tuner
    downloaded the Beta..from the Hptuners website yesterday.. went over to the ski.. got a little further, but now a new error. Not sure if it has to do with the firmware on the MVP2 or just another glich..https://photos.app.goo.gl/zXXQuHWvaaKoqmAc9
    just going over basics...

make sure the ignition is on when you're reading the ski.
    plug the lanyard into to ski, push the button to wake up the dash, read the ski.

Tuner in Training
    that's how I did it.. the dash does shut off like after 35-45 seconds beeps for the last 15 seconds or so.. I did download the newest BETA.. but haven't had a chance to try it out.

Tuner in Training
    that's how I did it.. the dash does shut off like after 35-45 seconds beeps for the last 15 seconds or so.. I did download the newest BETA.. but haven't had a chance to try it out.
    That is the issue. Need to use the beta software.

Tuner in Training
    Like Tom said you will need the latest beta software. However, I noticed you hit "read", HPT then read the tune file then you hit "gather info". The "gather info" button is only used to gather the system info or ping the system and tell you what modules are available for licensing and tuning. In a car/truck HPT may pull up 3 or 4 modules. You choose which ones you want to tune (ECM/TCM) or you will waste credits on like a BCM. As far as a ski goes "gather info" is only going to see 1 module and that's the ECU. So hitting "gather info" after hitting "read" is only going to interrupt the reading and saving the tune file process.

Tuner

how did you make out??
    did it work?

Tuner in Training
    Had an issue with reading a 2020 Ski. Was told to try again but need to contact the customer. Would like to know if you were able to read with the latest beta.

Tuner in Training
    how did you make out??
    did it work?
    I haven't been able to get to the ski.. I do have a question though.. does the laptop have to have internet access right there and then when reading the Ski?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Allcagedup View Post
    Like Tom said you will need the latest beta software. However, I noticed you hit "read", HPT then read the tune file then you hit "gather info". The "gather info" button is only used to gather the system info or ping the system and tell you what modules are available for licensing and tuning. In a car/truck HPT may pull up 3 or 4 modules. You choose which ones you want to tune (ECM/TCM) or you will waste credits on like a BCM. As far as a ski goes "gather info" is only going to see 1 module and that's the ECU. So hitting "gather info" after hitting "read" is only going to interrupt the reading and saving the tune file process.
    I see on your post that you got yours to read ok? did your laptop have access to the internet when you read it? I ask cause I have no internet at the garage I have the ski at when I am trying to read it.

Tuner in Training
    Internet is required

Tuner in Training
    I see on your post that you got yours to read ok? did your laptop have access to the internet when you read it? I ask cause I have no internet at the garage I have the ski at when I am trying to read it.
    I have no internet in my shop either. I just hotspot off my phone and it works.

Tuner in Training
    how did you make out??
    did it work?

I finally have the ski home, downloaded the newest Beta right before, not sure if by now the stable version would have worked.. anyway with internet it all happended so fast. next thing I knew it was asking me to name the stock file.. saved it and bam!!! the tune is there... which without knowledge its just like hmmm.. lol..

anyway, is there somewhere to read what the "variants" are? I see variants 0 thru 3.. but not sure what they mean..

the patch that is a available to load onto the ECU... that's just for enhanced datalogging correct?

for now all I want to do is remove the GPS limiter
    Last edited by SloSVO; 07-23-2022 at 10:11 AM. Reason: latest happening