Thread: Wrong converter in my Jeep

Tuner in Training

Wrong converter in my Jeep

Hello, I could you some help. I have a 2010 Jeep with a 5.3 and 6l80 motech swap that has been done almost 3 years and that had a stock 2013 suburban converter and my manual mode with tap shift (controlled by cruise lever) worked great, would hold a gear or shift thru the gears perfectly with the tune that Overland Performance originally supplied.
    Over the winter I replaced my bolt in motor mounts with weld in mounts and while I had the engine out I decided to replace the converter with the GM 24045127 which I believe is a 2200 stall converter as compared to the stock 1600. Everything went back together fine and I have now found that manual mode never seems to work correctly. If I pull the shifter all the way back it will not hold 1st, it stays in 2nd according to the PRNDL display and it will not tap up through the gears. If I pull it back to the 1st low I can tap up or down and the display changes but only for a second and it shifts back and never really controls the trans. It is very hard to drive in 4 low with no manual control, the thing wants to run away all the time and I miss going down steep grades with no brake pedal needed.

I am considering switching back to my original converter but that's a lot of work and I was wondering if someone could take a look at my logs and tune and let me know if this is something that is happening because of the higher stall speed and if it can be tuned instead?
    Thank you

Jeff
    asfoundafter_HS.hpt
    22-05-13 11-48-12.hpl

Advanced Tuner
    Was the tune file changed ant any point from the one Overland wrote you?