Thread: high idle

high idle

hello everyone, I have a stock 2006 ls2 with a 411 ecu and eBay throttle I think the customer gave it to me to use, the car idles high about 1300 rpm no matter what I do there's no vacuum leaks I paid someone to smoke test the entire system not one leak. I swapped the IAC for a well-known working GM one still idles around 1100-1300rpm. I tried to calibrate the TPS sensor and when I get it to 68-71v idle and start the engine the rpms shoot up to 3k like the throttle blade is just wide open

62 IMPALA 6.0 LP.hptLS2 IMP.hpl
    2000 ss-stock w/ls6 intake 3.42 a4
    1985 El Camino ss 327
    2002 z28 built 347 ls1 A3

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000ss View Post
    hello everyone, I have a stock 2006 ls2 with a 411 ecu and eBay throttle I think the customer gave it to me to use, the car idles high about 1300 rpm no matter what I do there's no vacuum leaks I paid someone to smoke test the entire system not one leak. I swapped the IAC for a well-known working GM one still idles around 1100-1300rpm. I tried to calibrate the TPS sensor and when I get it to 68-71v idle and start the engine the rpms shoot up to 3k like the throttle blade is just wide open

62 IMPALA 6.0 LP.hptLS2 IMP.hpl
    It's getting air from somewhere. The "0" IAC Position indicates that it's fully closed. Can you close the throttle blade any further? Can you see any opening around the blade? Sometimes the cheap TB's need the blade to be readjusted.

Advanced Tuner
    If you have a ebay throttle body on it I think you already found the problem. Knock off throttle bodies are junk. Avoid at all costs

Quote Originally Posted by kevin87turbot View Post
    It's getting air from somewhere. The "0" IAC Position indicates that it's fully closed. Can you close the throttle blade any further? Can you see any opening around the blade? Sometimes the cheap TB's need the blade to be readjusted.
    Quote Originally Posted by JASON11WS6 View Post
    If you have a ebay throttle body on it I think you already found the problem. Knock off throttle bodies are junk. Avoid at all costs
    Appreciate the both of you the customer spent a coin on a Nick Williams tb and it idles like a dream thanks you guys