Thread: 3.5" MAF vs Period issues

Tuner

3.5" MAF vs Period issues

Hey I'm tuning a custom built twin turbo and a fresh built motor on a 2015 GT mustang and I am having issues getting the car to be ready to drive for break in/tuning. I started with my last PD blower as I thought it had a 3.5" intake (thinking it would be a good start) but I must have been mistaken. I Think my MAF vs Period is way off. Either way If someone could post us a MAF curve for a 3.5 intake. Any help would be appreciated.

start with stock MAF period and adjust fuel trims +/-
    Turbocharged COYOTE

PM for E tune / Remote Tuning
    [email protected]

Advanced Tuner
    Use the stock 15 MAF period then multiply it by 7% should get you very close.

Tuner
    Thanks guys, I’ll give it a try.

Quote Originally Posted by K44 View Post
    Use the stock 15 MAF period then multiply it by 7% should get you very close.
    Eeee he will be out of period using stock MAF scale with 3.5' pipe - im afraid that is not good advice.

Here is an example from twin turbo car, one of many we build. This one makes 1k hp. Over that you need a 4 inch pipe.

Anyways if you want a good working base tune to begin with let me know. Not free tho.

image.png

Advanced Tuner
    The twin turbo part missed me, still what I posted will get the car running. Tweak from there.

Tuner
    Thank you guys. Had a total blank when building that base tune. Started right up and idled. Very much appreciated.