Thread: NEWb Tuning HELP! LQ9 issues

NEWb Tuning HELP! LQ9 issues

HI all, Im having some issues that my tuner and I cannot figure out. I recently did a TBSS intake swap on my LQ9 build. The engine is a factory bottom end with a SCDP Hot TRuck cam, 8.1 marine injectors, and now long tubes and TBSS intake. Ever since i swapped the intake on with the X link (also new) we cannot get it to idle and its fouling out plugs non-stop. I have called X-link directly and they aren't sure whats going on since we tuned to their spec for idle etc. Attached is my current tune. If anyone has any suggestions that would be great.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Should probably change the injector data too, no wonder it's fouling plugs. The current injector data is wrong and you have to change 4 different tables for the data. Injector flow rate, min injector pulse, short pulse adder and the offset vs volts data.

No idea where you will find the marine 8.1 injectors, the data for the truck 8.1 trucks can be found in any 8.1 tune file.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

oh ok, so what I currently have saved is wrong? I beleive my tuner found a file he copied over for 8.1 "marine" injectors which I was lead to believe were 42lb/hr. The thing I dont understand is that it ran fine with these on this tune for months prior to the TBSS intake/X-link upgrade. Why all of a sudden would it run richer? STFT and LTFT were right on point before too with these same injectors

i am totally new to this and actually trying to figure out my own issue, but to me it looks like your base idle airflow is real high ??

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    i am totally new to this and actually trying to figure out my own issue, but to me it looks like your base idle airflow is real high ??
    It does seem very high, But we don't know the cam specs.
    Last edited by dhoagland; 06-03-2022 at 08:32 AM. Reason: added comment
    2011 Camaro 2SS Convertible L99 Bone Stock for now
    2003 Dodge 2500 5.9 Cummins QC 4x4. Airaid, 2nd Gen Intake, Grid Heater Delete, D-Tech 62/65/12, Magnaflow. Bully Dog: Propane Injection, Triple Dog W/Outlook Crazy Larry. Edge EZ, BD Flow-Max, 48RE: Sonnax Sure Cure/Transgo combination, Derale turbulator, billet input, Triple Disc, Super servo, 4 ring Accumulator. :beer

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    oh ok, so what I currently have saved is wrong? I beleive my tuner found a file he copied over for 8.1 "marine" injectors which I was lead to believe were 42lb/hr. The thing I dont understand is that it ran fine with these on this tune for months prior to the TBSS intake/X-link upgrade. Why all of a sudden would it run richer? STFT and LTFT were right on point before too with these same injectors
    Do you have logs from before the TB swap? Comparing to a new log might hold your answer.
    Example: Before the swap it idled in a MAP are that it was able to tolerate what ever is incorrect (injector data is in question). Now its in a completely different MAP area and its magnified the issue beyond its tolerance level....... Just a thought

You really need to post a log for anyone to be able to help from this point.
    2011 Camaro 2SS Convertible L99 Bone Stock for now
    2003 Dodge 2500 5.9 Cummins QC 4x4. Airaid, 2nd Gen Intake, Grid Heater Delete, D-Tech 62/65/12, Magnaflow. Bully Dog: Propane Injection, Triple Dog W/Outlook Crazy Larry. Edge EZ, BD Flow-Max, 48RE: Sonnax Sure Cure/Transgo combination, Derale turbulator, billet input, Triple Disc, Super servo, 4 ring Accumulator. :beer

Tuner in Training
    i believe those injectors are 42lb at 43psi. ls run at 58 psi so they would be more like or around 51lb/hr injectors at 58psi