Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2013 Fusion 2.0 Ecoboost trouble raising boost

2013 Fusion 2.0 Ecoboost trouble raising boost

I'm a little stumped. Everywhere I read that I should be getting 22-24 lbs of boost. I'm on an e30 right now. I've done a lot of reading, tried many suggestions and would like some help. I thought about adjusting some waste gate settings but I'm not comfortable with that. I have some throttle closing issues, maybe some is normal but they seem excessive to me.

I've included the stock tune file, current tune version, and a log of a WOT run in 3rd gear and part of 4th gear. Let me know if I'm missing any important PIDS for this application.

2013 Ford Fusion 2.0L AWD STOCK.hpt
    2013 Ford Fusion 2.0L v1.6.hpt
    2013 Ford Fusion v1.6.hpl

I tried increasing the Closed WG DC from 75 to 85 and if anything it seemed to go backwards. I'm stumped. I'm beginning to wonder if my tune is missing some parameters because I can't find some that others have adjusted. I have the latest beta as of 3 days ago.

2013 Ford Fusion 2.0L v1.7.hpt
    2013 Ford Fusion v1.7.hpl

I'll get a look at it when I get a chance, Sounds like you missed a table or two which isn't hard to do with the Ecoboost.

Ok, I see a lot of things that need attention. You really don't want to see much over 20 lbs boost wise, things can get expensive in a hurry, But I'll see what I can do with it. Might be a few days, got a lot going on right now with mine I'm trying to finish up.

Thank you, I appreciate any help you can provide. I want to be able to know how to control boost first before I mess much with timing and VCT. I plan to build a low, close or at stock boost tune that's for fuel economy, then a 91 tune and an e30 tune.

This ECU doesn't seem to have the same flexfuel logic that my 5.0 coyote trucks have had so timing is going to another quest but it looks like that won't be as difficult.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by mechanicboy View Post
    Thank you, I appreciate any help you can provide. I want to be able to know how to control boost first before I mess much with timing and VCT. I plan to build a low, close or at stock boost tune that's for fuel economy, then a 91 tune and an e30 tune.

This ECU doesn't seem to have the same flexfuel logic that my 5.0 coyote trucks have had so timing is going to another quest but it looks like that won't be as difficult.
    you need to increase your driver demand tables to like 416 or so instead of 349. your demanded load only goes up to 1.89 should at least go to 2.0. i have a 17 fusion 2.0 running e85 hits around 24 lb's i can share if you like.

I had the last two columns over 400lbs in the first 5 revisions or so and all it did was increase the delta between the torque requested and actual. I have adjusted more tables since then so I could try it again.

As for your tune, in 17' Ford changed engines so I'm not sure how much will transfer over. I've looked at a couple 17'+ tunes and it seems that the tables available are not the same in a good amount of instances. Maybe compare mine and yours anyway?

Tuner
    I had the last two columns over 400lbs in the first 5 revisions or so and all it did was increase the delta between the torque requested and actual. I have adjusted more tables since then so I could try it again.

As for your tune, in 17' Ford changed engines so I'm not sure how much will transfer over. I've looked at a couple 17'+ tunes and it seems that the tables available are not the same in a good amount of instances. Maybe compare mine and yours anyway?
    I?ll share it tonight when I get off work. Yeah I?m aware of the differences like mines a twin scroll turbo etc. But you should be able to possibly compare some of the settings

Tuner
    e85 rev 265 17 fusion 2.0.hpt here you go let me know if you figure anything out.

Still not going above 1.9 load really. I'm definitely missing tables that you have adjusted as I found a stock file you shared in another thread. I'm attached the new tune file and log. I can feel the extra timing I added though.

2013 Ford Fusion 2.0L v2.hpt
    2013 Ford Fusion v2.hpl

Tuner
    [QUOTE=mechanicboy;687898]Still not going above 1.9 load really. I'm definitely missing tables that you have adjusted as I found a stock file you shared in another thread. I'm attached the new tune file and log. I can feel the extra timing I added though.
    may have found your problem adjust these and see if that helps Screenshot (5)_LI.jpg

[QUOTE=Stevekreger;687933]
    Still not going above 1.9 load really. I'm definitely missing tables that you have adjusted as I found a stock file you shared in another thread. I'm attached the new tune file and log. I can feel the extra timing I added though.
    may have found your problem adjust these and see if that helps Screenshot (5)_LI.jpg
    Still not seeing the boost I'm expecting. Feels strong out of the hole, even squeals the tires slightly, but doesn't built or hold boost like I'd expect.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I was comparing files and noticed that under Torque Model>Monitoring>MAP Maximum that my numbers in the high load cells where much lower than your stock read numbers were I had those raised in earlier revisions but I was hitting other load limits so I put them back. So I raised those back up a bit and will try again in the morning.

Didn't help. I added timing in this revision and my boost went down it seems. Torque values seem similar which leads me to think that because it's making more torque with the increased timing it's requesting less boost.

Sorry for the long log, it was part of my drive to work. You can see two pulls based off the rpms at a little after halfway and at the end of the log.

2013 Ford Fusion 2.0L v2.2.hpt
    2013 Ford Fusion v2.2.hpl

Tuner
    Didn't help. I added timing in this revision and my boost went down it seems. Torque values seem similar which leads me to think that because it's making more torque with the increased timing it's requesting less boost.

Sorry for the long log, it was part of my drive to work. You can see two pulls based off the rpms at a little after halfway and at the end of the log.

2013 Ford Fusion 2.0L v2.2.hpt
    2013 Ford Fusion v2.2.hpl
    hmmm, man i'm stumped, not sure what else the problem could be.

I still haven't figured this out in case anyone else has ideas. I'm pretty dang sure I'm missing tables to adjust. I will be submitting what I believe I'm missing to support. For now, I've turned my focus to more the economy side of things, which isn't responding as well as my coyote f150 did, yet.

Tuner
    I still haven't figured this out in case anyone else has ideas. I'm pretty dang sure I'm missing tables to adjust. I will be submitting what I believe I'm missing to support. For now, I've turned my focus to more the economy side of things, which isn't responding as well as my coyote f150 did, yet.
    yeah the economy is pretty dood from the factory, i tried a few things like increasing the timing at cruise ect. but really no noticeable difference.

So I tried something new today. In order to get around whatever limiter I don't have access to, I lowered the engine torque calculations and recalculated the inverse by 10%. This allowed me to go from 17lbs to 19lbs of boost on about a e40 mix with 20* of timing. Pulled strong then the computer pulled back to 12-13lbs. Log reviewed that it was hitting a fuel limit, so I raised the pressure, injection angle and duty cycle and now that's gone, but it still falls on it face higher in the rev range. I can't see why in the log, am I missing a source limit to log?

2013 Ford Fusion e40 torque-inverse 10% v2.hpl

"but it still falls on it face higher in the rev range"

On my 16 Expedition I'm seeing the same thing after an 8-10% decrease on the torque tables and a similar increase to the load number on the inverse tables. Launch is great. Boost is up by about a pound until about 4200 then lower by about a pound. Did you get this figured out?

Advanced Tuner
    So I tried something new today. In order to get around whatever limiter I don't have access to, I lowered the engine torque calculations and recalculated the inverse by 10%. This allowed me to go from 17lbs to 19lbs of boost on about a e40 mix with 20* of timing. Pulled strong then the computer pulled back to 12-13lbs. Log reviewed that it was hitting a fuel limit, so I raised the pressure, injection angle and duty cycle and now that's gone, but it still falls on it face higher in the rev range. I can't see why in the log, am I missing a source limit to log?

2013 Ford Fusion e40 torque-inverse 10% v2.hpl
    Looks like it's just pulling timing anticipating the shift to unload the gearbox, seems pretty normal to me?