Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2013 Fusion 2.0 Ecoboost trouble raising boost

"Looks like it's just pulling timing anticipating the shift to unload the gearbox, seems pretty normal to me"

Maybe, unless he sees an increase in boost at lower rpm and decrease at higher rpm directly related to adjusting the torque and inverse tables. That is exactly what I am seeing on my 16 Expedition. My 15 Explorer Sport got results pretty easily just following the Metroplex writeup. But the Expedition is not pulling the expected numbers. My issue is probably just the restrictive muffler and cats on the Expedition but I expected more out of it. I'll pull the muffler next week and see if my desired finally start to meet up with actual. If not, I'll make a post and hope for help from the great EB tuners on here.

Advanced Tuner
    His problem is RPM related. There is a torque or TIP limiter coming in after 5200 RPM. His Desired Load stays flat while Desired TIP takes a hard nose dive.

Thanks for the clarity on that. It had sounded similar to my issue but not. Mine is doing a lot better after extending the torque tables a bit since they used to only go up to 1.8. Pretty sure freeing up the exhaust is going to help up top quite a lot but for now, happy with results.

Quote Originally Posted by IARLLC View Post
    Thanks for the clarity on that. It had sounded similar to my issue but not. Mine is doing a lot better after extending the torque tables a bit since they used to only go up to 1.8. Pretty sure freeing up the exhaust is going to help up top quite a lot but for now, happy with results.
    I had to re-scale my torque tables too to get more boost (21lbs) but I found that I wasn't making more power because the turbo was just making more heat. After doing a lot of research and found that this engine just doesn't like huge boost on the top end with the stock turbo. I turned it down to 16-17lbs at peak (6k rpm range) and turned up the timing on e85, 22+ degrees. Feels very strong like this.

Potential Tuner
    Has there been a solution to this? I am working on a 2013 ford fusion as well and can not get it to hold boost above 5000.