Thread: 2010 silverado 5.3, BTR stage 2 v1 truck

Potential Tuner

2010 silverado 5.3, BTR stage 2 v1 truck

I'm trying to help out a friend who was left with a not so good tune from a "tuner" I can upload this guys tune when I get back to my laptop. He said the truck was wanting to die on deceleration. And would buck really bad.

Anyways. I went and downloaded a stock 2010 5.3 tune and started clean. Disabled vvt and dod. Bumped some of the idle settings up, it runs without stalling, it smells and sounds way better. But it just lacks low end power (under 3500)

Would love to really learn how fo tune this truck, but would be happy if I can get someone to have a look at what I'm working with, maybe tell me what adjustments I can make.

2010 silverado 5.3. Cold air intake. Aftermarket maf, headers, no cats, exhaust system. Pretty basic. Stock truck intake. The engine block was out of a 2008 but all the 2010 stuff was used.

Made a bone head mistake and had the stock internet downloaded tune on my HP tuners program and went and used 2 credits unlocking the wrong vehicle.... whoops.

Tuner in Training
    Post a log file and your current tune.

Potential Tuner
    well the log i have saved isnt from the last tune i left on the truck. but here is the tune that cost $500 that was on the truck2010silveradoBTr2.hpt

Potential Tuner
    test4.hpt

this is what i left on the truck, not much of tuning, but disabling the proper items, and getting the idle a little cleaner. need actual performance tuning.

all else fails, may go back to PCM of NC for some data log tuning, did good with the gen V L83 BTR stage 2 truck cam i did this year

Tuning Addict
    There wasn't hardly anything in that tuned in - just glancing it over... You need to tune in your VVE, idle airflow - need a log to determine how much, idle settings in general, injection timing wouldn't hurt and on and on...
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC