Thread: Corvette OS for ECM swap

Potential Tuner

Corvette OS for ECM swap

I'm swapping 2010+ ECM to my 2006 A6 Corvette. Is there some OS that is considered best OS to use? Or are all 2010-2013 Corvette OS so similar that it doesn't matter what to use?

Since you can't make this change using HP Tuners if you want all the segments fully programmed, how would you go about getting any OS other than the most-recent release on GM SPS?

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    Since you can't make this change using HP Tuners if you want all the segments fully programmed, how would you go about getting any OS other than the most-recent release on GM SPS?
    You are right. Question is what year VIN to use. I checked some VIN and OS seems to be different 2010-2013.

SPS will only give you the most recent calibration for whatever VIN you feed it, you cannot pick an older one.

And, um, are you sure you can get a 2010 OS to talk to all the 2006 modules in your car?

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    And, um, are you sure you can get a 2010 OS to talk to all the 2006 modules in your car?
    I'm not 100% sure about anything before I have tested it by myself. But I have been told that it will work and it been done many times so I'm willing to try. I will report how it went

And I understand that SPS will give me only the newest OS according to VIN. But I checked that different years have different OS. So the question really is what year VIN to use? Or does it really matter.
    Last edited by mtvainiot; 05-16-2022 at 04:40 AM.

But isn't there a comms protocol difference breakpoint in mid-2009? Late ECM won't talk to an early TCM and vice-versa.

The OS IDs are different because they are different years, GM rarely used the same OS on multiple years.

Can I ask the reason for wanting to do this at all?

Can I ask the reason for wanting to do this at all?
    Why I ask is, if it's because your current OS doesn't have a 2bar OS available... then just get it updated.

12602922 old.png 12605732 newer.png 12614682 newest.png

Potential Tuner
    I have the 2 bar OS so it is not the reason. With newer E38 I can scale spark table airmass, get integrator delay for better O2 adjustment and there is more parameters to log for idle tuning etc.

But I got ECM swapped and everything works. It is from 2011 Silverado and I flashed it to Corvette OS with SPS.