Thread: 16 Silverado 6l80 not shifting

Tuner in Training

16 Silverado 6l80 not shifting

Hey,

Flashing a friends truck for a DOD delete and some minor transmission tweaks but every time I write the truck and try to reset the adapts the truck won?t select a gear. If I rewrite the calibration but don?t try to reset the adapts everything works normally. Am I doing something wrong?

That's kinda odd. I can flash my 2016's PCM/TCM and go into the scanner prior to starting the truck to reset the adapts and have it work no problem. Just did it about 2 weeks ago too.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Advanced Tuner
    Ive had that happen a couple times. I just stop doing the Adapt Reset.

Did you do the "Fast Learn" after the adapts reset?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMechanic View Post
    Did you do the "Fast Learn" after the adapts reset?
    Initially I just tried the adapts reset. I did try the the fast learn but didn’t realize there was such a procedure to it. When it failed the fast learn I still couldn’t get it to select a gear. Next step at this point I guess is to try again but complete the fast learn properly and see if it makes a difference.

Senior Tuner
    If you have access to GDS2 and a MDI or VCX Nano you can try resetting via that route. Will be pretty obvious where the problem lies after trying that.