Thread: Failing widebands

Advanced Tuner

Failing widebands

What do failing widebands look like in a scanner log?

I'm getting some pretty wide swings on commanded lambda. Mostly when accelerating and decelerating. Otherwise it stays pretty close to stoich.

Advanced Tuner
    On these new coyotes 2015 plus, they will usually stop reading. They are basically a LSU dyno style sensor 5 wire. You can test them with Scan tool. At Lambda, when the air/fuel mixture is 14.7 to 1 (stochiometric), the current flow through the sensor is zero. If the air/fuel mixture goes rich, the current increases in one direction (negative). If the air/fuel mixture goes lean, the current increases in the opposite direction (positive). A signal may range from a low of around 2 volts (very rich) up to nearly 4 volts (very lean). At Lambda, the voltage signal generated by the PCM should be around 3.3 volts. I attached an image where the wideband O2 sensor was faulty going rich.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Advanced Tuner
    Here is a screen shot of what I'm seeing along with a log.

Thanks for any help

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by K44 View Post
    Here is a screen shot of what I'm seeing along with a log.

Thanks for any help
    DO you have Long term Fuel trims enabled? You short terms your pull up to 5% fuel in some spots and adding up to 2% fuel in other areas, factory 3-5% average standard. Of course this is based on my graph setups. I have Test WB EQ graph, EQ Err graph, and WB EQ B1 +B2 averaged all show swing but their is one area at idle in the graphs adding 16% but in the chart shows wide band EQ 1.00 & equivalence ratio commanded .95/.96, maybe a glitch in the scanner software not sure..

Advanced Tuner
    My dash gauge is swinging from about 12 to 16 at certain times. My long terms are on. I noticed this right after a tune flash. The swings are also on my stock tune, so I can rule out a bad tune. Could it be as simple as not giving it enough time to learn?

Watching the dash gauge swing that far is unnerving to say the least.

Advanced Tuner
    The upside is I now understand how the dash gauge works. It is tied into the commanded lambda signal. When my dash swings to 16 the scanner shows it as subtracting fuel. So it is commanding 16 to get stoich

Advanced Tuner
    The upside is I now understand how the dash gauge works. It is tied into the commanded lambda signal. When my dash swings to 16 the scanner shows it as subtracting fuel. So it is commanding 16 to get stoich
    have you tried adjusting the HEGO Tip temp, and or the Closed loop forward feed Bias. Do you have Maf adaption & Cylair Anticipation enabled. Have you graphed AFR error?

Advanced Tuner
    have you tried adjusting the HEGO Tip temp, and or the Closed loop forward feed Bias

I have not

Do you have Maf adaption & Cylair Anticipation enabled.

Yes

Have you graphed AFR error?

I do not have this channel

Advanced Tuner
    have you tried adjusting the HEGO Tip temp, and or the Closed loop forward feed Bias

I have not

Do you have Maf adaption & Cylair Anticipation enabled.

Yes

Have you graphed AFR error?

I do not have this channel
    Yes, and yes i have