Thread: Anyone put a Edelbrock E-force on a 5.3 LH6 truck engine with a cam

Tuner

Anyone put a Edelbrock E-force on a 5.3 LH6 truck engine with a cam

I have rebuilt my 5.3 LH6 with the AFM delete and put in a cam with a .020 higher lift, and my lobe seperation is not stock and duration does not meet Edelbrock standards so I have to make my own custom tune. I was wondering if anybody has done this. I am not looking for answers, I am very much involved in the HP tuners scene even though I just got into it. I have been working on cars at GM dealership all my life and I understand how it works. I know I have to replace my fuel pump and module for more flow but if anyone has any input on this I would greatly appreciate it. I would download some of my specifications except my engine is still out of the truck hopefully for a short time. Thanks for any body that has interest in this

Tuner
    Sorry E-force is a supercharger and the truck is 2009 Chevrolet Silverado

Can't answer the supercharger question exactly because I don't own a truck like that or have put a supercharger on that engine.

But I can ask you this question. Is your truck factory flex fuel? If it is, you shouldn't need to replace the fuel pump yet. They can support around 500hp and you'd be shy of that with a mostly stock 5.3 with a supercharger.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuning Addict
    Yeah, stock injectors with flex setup will support about 6psi. Pushing it, but will do it.

You could honestly start with edelbrock's tune and modify the air and timing for the cam setup. You'll probably run more timing due to less boost from the higher overlap cam, more idle air, need to dial in VVE and MAF and be fairly good to go with their stock tune.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by SilveradoNut View Post
    Sorry E-force is a supercharger and the truck is 2009 Chevrolet Silverado
    I dyno tuned a 2013 Silverado a couple weeks ago with an E-force. It made good power. Let me know if you'd like a remote tune on yours.

Tuner
    Yes kevin87turbot Let me know what I am looking at to do a remote tune on mine. That might solve most of my issues. The cam I put in it is a Summit racing stage 1 with a 8712R1 cam 210/218 duration and 112 lobe seperation. It has stock 243 heads and forged 7cc dished pistons and LS9 head gaskets with bored .030 over. Thanks for replying

Tuner
    Thank you when I get this up and running I might give that a try. I already have new fuel pump, injector, and module. I had to buy that extra. So I could probably use sone help on setting fuel rates and pressures. Thanks

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Can't answer the supercharger question exactly because I don't own a truck like that or have put a supercharger on that engine.

But I can ask you this question. Is your truck factory flex fuel? If it is, you shouldn't need to replace the fuel pump yet. They can support around 500hp and you'd be shy of that with a mostly stock 5.3 with a supercharger.
    No I don't have flex fuel but I do have all the new fuel pump, module, and injectors