Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Burble logic

Tuner in Training

Burble logic

I have fiddle and fingered the burble logic until my eyes are going to pop out, even tried reducing low load timing 3k-6k rpms and deactivating dfco with no real luck. I did notice sometimes if i slightly touched the throttle it would pop a little but not all the time. I even tried -10 degrees on the mbt low load areas and when it did pop it was gunshots. I have searched high and low for a guide or information about the ecoboost burble logic with no luck. I have seen hundreds of different methods. Please some explain the burble area and how it works or coincides with the other maps. Am I not setting some things up elsewhere i should be?

What car?

As the ecoboosts with dedicate burble logic have some hard limits that HP doesnt show and its hard to get it setup right.

Tuner in Training
    2020 2.3l ecoboost mustang

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by CFGBR95 View Post
    What car?

As the ecoboosts with dedicate burble logic have some hard limits that HP doesnt show and its hard to get it setup right.
    I have the burble logic activating, I have found the tables to reference tr commanded reduction timing, but understanding the full scope of what all averages into the equation is what I think im not getting. I got it pulling 15 degrees but its not remaining consistent.

Post your file so I can see what tables you get via HP

Tuner in Training

2020 ecostang 10r80

here you go
    Attached Files Attached Files

try changing Target TR Sport to 0.01 across the table under the burble tab

Tuner in Training
    try changing Target TR Sport to 0.01 across the table under the burble tab
    That actually seems to make it start to pop a bit, im guessing i need to make some adjustments to the mbt tables or the DFCO settings to get it to be steady and controlled. Maybe even TR timing tables. I mean burbles are simple, it creating controlled burbles using the logic that seems to be the true mystery.

The burble has its own spark target which HP doesnt show. Quite a bit of the burble stuff is missing so you'd have to do it the hack way unless you put a ticket in. It uses the exact same logic as the Focus RS which HP fully support and has more tables available for.

Try TR sport at 0.001

Tuner in Training
    The burble has its own spark target which HP doesnt show. Quite a bit of the burble stuff is missing so you'd have to do it the hack way unless you put a ticket in. It uses the exact same logic as the Focus RS which HP fully support and has more tables available for.

Try TR sport at 0.001
    I wonder why they havent added that support onto the ecostang. Weird

Tuner in Training

Try TR sport at 0.001
    nothing seems to do the trick, and im trying to find cool APP settings so that when cruising in Sport mode and releasing the throttle above 3k rpms it will release the crackles, but I cant even seem to find a steady APP activate,start, or arm setting thats stable. i do not understand this, I was able to get it to work on Cobb.

2020 51922-ST-5bar-trans-meth.v1.2.3B-idle-BURBLE.hpt

Try this. Looking at this file, there are some questionable alterations to some tables like Max Torque which has been completely flatlined.

Tuner in Training
    2020 51922-ST-5bar-trans-meth.v1.2.3B-idle-BURBLE.hpt

Try this. Looking at this file, there are some questionable alterations to some tables like Max Torque which has been completely flatlined.
    what do you mean flatlined? Are you talking about the max torque limiters?

Yes, I normally cap these just above my target torque to help ensure my targets are maintained and limits still kept in place.

Did you have any more luck with the burble?

Tuner in Training
    Negative, I can disable dfco and reduce timing in mbt decel areas and make it work as long as i apply slight pressure to the pedal. Its not steady or consistent at all. I cant seem to get burble to activate properly which would remedy all this mess. I have read posts where people have said burble logic works, I even tried it on stock tune file and its a no go.

Advanced Tuner
    As far as I can tell burble mode does two things: 1. Delay dfco and 2. Substitute a lower min spark torque ratio. However, the target spark torque ratio could still not command a low enough tr so the lower limit might not change anything depending on the torque based decel commanded torque..

I'll do a new file to test Monday. You need to alter the spark torque ratio table in the low load area to 65 at least and also adjust the min spark allowed and min spark shift to -25 at least for noticeable affects as these will clip the spark for burble.

Tuner in Training
    I'll do a new file to test Monday. You need to alter the spark torque ratio table in the low load area to 65 at least and also adjust the min spark allowed and min spark shift to -25 at least for noticeable affects as these will clip the spark for burble.
    which tables are these, I have gotten burble function to work and even show spark going as far as -20 if I choose, however im guessing tq control is killing spark because I get no popping and i can even adjust my fuel mixture, but there is a lack of ignition. Im trying to grasp and understanding of how these features work with hp tuners. Just to make sure im not crazy, i even wrote up a cobb tune and tested it and pop pop pop LOL. However hptuners has the versatility in tables I want.

Tuner in Training
    I have been looking at decel fuel gain, combustion stability fuel table, spark authority setting for dfco my cvc table had a 1 in the downward syle where my normal did not. From what i can tell I have things working as they should except for ignition of unburned fuel. I have my burble tr table set at .15 and my tr commanded is .375 when burble activates

Tuner in Training
    I found min soark under mbt tables, tq ratio tables under tq management general lower (cser) and lower(long) unless i need to raise the values in lower (short)?