Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Burble logic

2020 51922-ST-5bar-trans-meth.v1.2.3B-idle-BURBLE_V2.hpt

Try this.

I found that you need to adjust your min spark and min spark shift parameters to allow more ignition retard under burble else it'll clip out at the stock setting of -20, whilst also adjusting the spark delta tables under torque management (Compare my file to yours). These delta tables determine how much spark retard to allow, its a weirdly 'complex' way of doing it vs having dedicated ignition tables for burble alone. The sport TR table under burble also determines how much spark authority to allow for torque reduction whilst in burble, setting it to 0.000 allows full spark authority, whereas 1.000 allows no spark authority and fuel only. HP Doesnt show the lambda for burble table, needed to alter fueling in burble, submit a request to hp support to add it but good luck in them actually doing anything about it soon.

Tuner in Training
    Yes i submitted a ticket 2-3 months ago had some emails saying it was coming and has yet to occur!

I've been waiting 9 months now.

Tuner in Training
    well they need to get on it, i do not understand why they arent there if they are present on the focus rs.

Did you try the file I attached?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by CFGBR95 View Post
    Did you try the file I attached?
    Yes it gives a quick thrap and pop and stops, I think I figured out a better way, and im going to test it today after work. If it works ill let you know and message you the details and screenshots

Cool, let me know how you get on.

Quote Originally Posted by macAtak79 View Post
    Yes it gives a quick thrap and pop and stops, I think I figured out a better way, and im going to test it today after work. If it works ill let you know and message you the details and screenshots
    Any luck with this?

Advanced Tuner
    Did 5.0 Change anything with the burble tables?

Tuner in Training
    sorry I have been crazy busy, so far I have it were it will crackle when hovering the throttle pedal, and im going to find time to tinker with dfco and dfso. possibly dashpot settings. what i did was set a portion of fuel enleanment tables to actually add fuel, used tq management tq ratio clips at a higher rate to maintain spark. and then went into coastdown MP and reduced timing. and the only issue I am having is getting it where zero throttle pressure is needed to crackle and pop. i even setup optimal stability to blend mp 2 and 3 during decel.

Tuner in Training
    im going to attach my revised tune file as soon as i can get signal enough at work for my laptop to work.

Tuner in Training
    Attachment 124378 here is the file

Tuner in Training
    i gave up on using the burble logic and have instead set it up where it crackles above 3000 rpm so normal driving it does nothing but when you put it in sport and manual shift down and hover the throttle it will crackle and pop, i currently have it set to soft crackling until i get it working with zero throttle at all.

Tuner in Training
    the trick is getting the decel tq control to work in opposite of its logic by making it add fuel and spark on decel while you map cam points that retard exhaust cam postion. any ideas on the throttle thing would be greatly appreciated. i just wanna be able to let off above 3k rpms and crackle crackle crackle. i was thinking possibly something with dashpot adfso multiplier possibly.

Tuner in Training
    but i think whats happening is at zero throttle im losing spark and its not firing off the unburned fuel.

Tuner in Training
    22-09-20 05-37-46.hpl here is a log file from this morning.

Did you get any further with this?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by CFGBR95 View Post
    Did you get any further with this?
    Unfortunately No, I have been busy power tuning for a new turbo when I have had time. Last results I could get occasional pops and crackles but bothing consistant or even controllable. The decel fuel cut or decel ignition cut either kills fuel or spark. I have tried so many variations and methods its nuts.

Potential Tuner
    Here is a comparison of the parameters that HPT offered me with what I see in WinOLS. At least three parameters and one table are missing (red). So I continued in WinOLS and got perfect burbles by making changes only to these maps (no DFCO or ignition maps were changed).
    Attached Images Attached Images

How is your burble working when your TR clips are set to 1.0, meaning zero spark reduction? Setting them at 0.000 yields the best results I find.

What do the debug cal switches do? I have seen them on my ols file for my Fiesta ST with burble logic.