Thread: 5 or 6 speed manual trans

Potential Tuner

5 or 6 speed manual trans

I have a 2012 Ram 1500 has n/a stroker, mild cam, Holley HiRam, 95mm tb, headers, 3” exhaust. I am wanting to convert from 65rfe to a manual transmission, have the mechanical side figured out, but having some questions on computer side. I am currently not using hp tuners but plan on switching to it. Can anyone here explain to me if hp offers any solutions to making things operate properly switching from auto to manual trans. TIA

Short answer is Yes, I'm not sure what all is needed , the guy who built my 04Ram had an 2014 with a t56 that was a daily driver for 2 or 3 years , at one point there was a 46RH in it, had a 727 in even ran a 904 behind a 431CI BGE for a weekend.....wanted to crack 9.99 at the time(Full year before the guy from Moe's ran a 9.95) truck was running 10.10s with the 727 , swapped to a 904 and clicked off a pair of 9.85 , then a 9.99 , trailered the truck back home swapped in the t56 back in it that night and went to work the next day.

His Nephew's 09 ran 5/6gear Delete PPG (Pfitzner Performance Gearboxes) behind a 463NA BBG build. and his niece still drives her 2014 RC with a 468CI alum block stroker with a T56 behind it.

I know there's more to it then just Clicking Manual in the trans section,

I do know this,

Engine>General>Displacement = 0
    Engine>Torque Management ESP TqMgt all 3 set to Disable.
    Engine Diag> DTCs find P0700 and remove the check mark , ONLY do that if it's a off road only vehicle messing with CEL lights is a NO NO on Emission's controlled vehicles.

as for the other stuff, I don't know , I do know it's been done , I also know it's easier with the same year Challenger PCM and re wiring the dash....but that's a WHOLE different can of worms.
    Last edited by rays04gtx; 05-29-2022 at 11:48 PM.

Potential Tuner

Thank You

Quote Originally Posted by rays04gtx View Post
    Short answer is Yes, I'm not sure what all is needed , the guy who built my 04Ram had an 2014 with a t56 that was a daily driver for 2 or 3 years , at one point there was a 46RH in it, had a 727 in even ran a 904 behind a 431CI BGE for a weekend.....wanted to crack 9.99 at the time(Full year before the guy from Moe's ran a 9.95) truck was running 10.10s with the 727 , swapped to a 904 and clicked off a pair of 9.85 , then a 9.99 , trailered the truck back home swapped in the t56 back in it that night and went to work the next day.

His Nephew's 09 ran 5/6gear Delete PPG (Pfitzner Performance Gearboxes) behind a 463NA BBG build. and his niece still drives her 2014 RC with a 468CI alum block stroker with a T56 behind it.

I know there's more to it then just Clicking Manual in the trans section,

I do know this,

Engine>General>Displacement = 0
    Engine>Torque Management ESP TqMgt all 3 set to Disable.
    Engine Diag> DTCs find P0700 and remove the check mark , ONLY do that if it's a off road only vehicle messing with CEL lights is a NO NO on Emission's controlled vehicles.

as for the other stuff, I don't know , I do know it's been done , I also know it's easier with the same year Challenger PCM and re wiring the dash....but that's a WHOLE different can of worms.

Potential Tuner
    Is there any way you could get me contact info for the guy your talking about here? Would be very helpful to get his input. Thanks