Thread: Is this tune safe to make some WOT

Tuner in Training

Is this tune safe to make some WOT

2002 pontiac trans am Stock bottom ls1 ARP studs rings gapped and melling stage sloppy sage 2 cam 1300cc FMS injectors 8an feed 6an return 78/75 turbo huron speed kit 3bar SD single W450 on racetroixs hot wire kit 4l80E trans with 3600 yank ST . Just want be safe and see if this tune looks good to do WOT Thanks a head ill take all good advice ......Im on waste gate 8# spring on pump gas 91 ....
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by savsbird; 05-17-2022 at 02:08 AM.

No.

Tuner in Training
    What should I change or had to make a safe pull under boost ?

Advanced Tuner
    I dont see any wideband info in the datalog

Just a few quick things

Do you have a wideband?
    Is your High/Low Spark set the same?

Have you made any adjustments to your VE? If so what did you base your AFR graph off of?
    In the log you posted you have very little steady state driving which can produce a log based of LT/ST fuel trims, but it requires steady state driving.

Even on an NA You must have a wideband to tune Power enrichment

This is a shot of your log. Most of this data is off throttle coasting, the lower portion where you are on throttle goes lean but you don't stay there long enough for good data.
    Unless I'm missing something, you need to have this dialed in a lot closer before WOT runs
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2011 Camaro 2SS Convertible L99 Bone Stock for now
    2003 Dodge 2500 5.9 Cummins QC 4x4. Airaid, 2nd Gen Intake, Grid Heater Delete, D-Tech 62/65/12, Magnaflow. Bully Dog: Propane Injection, Triple Dog W/Outlook Crazy Larry. Edge EZ, BD Flow-Max, 48RE: Sonnax Sure Cure/Transgo combination, Derale turbulator, billet input, Triple Disc, Super servo, 4 ring Accumulator. :beer

The on-throttle parts where the trims are adding as much as 30% for sustained periods of time but then other times pulling just as much, and that... that art project that's in the VE table, I saw that stuff and decided 'nope.'

It just hasn't been tuned yet. Tuning means recording data and making adjustments. A lot of people think it should work like it does on yootoob, where some guy throws his favorite tune in it and runs 9's and then gets a bunch of sponsorships and thousands of ordinary people mail him free shit every week, but... 'nope.'

Tuner in Training
    Thanks a shop did this tune for me . Im new and still learning im waiting for my prolink cable so i can had my WB to hptuners and ill get some acurate data thanks again .