Thread: 2020 gladiator ripp supercharger

Advanced Tuner

2020 gladiator ripp supercharger

Got this gladiator in the shop with some tune issues from another shop.

I ended up reaching out to Ripp for some numbers and they got me a start up tune.

Finally the engine side of things seems to be lining out, but it wont shift under throttle.

When I turn out of my shop onto the side street at low throttle it will shift 1-5 just fine. When I turn on the highway, it will make the 1-2 shift ok, but then just falls on its face about 5500 rpm and seems like you have the cruise control on. If you let totally off the throttle it will sometimes shift into 3rd, sometimes it wont. I have a known good file from a 2018 wrangler I've copied all the important stuff (I think) over and the issue remains.

Any help or suggestions is appreciated. I'm sure I'm overlooking something simple

RIPP SC base tune from RIPP.hpt
    Gladiator log.hpl

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    after market tires?
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Advanced Tuner
    Yes. 37's

Im thinking either that or something with a torque request is my issue. Im just not certain

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    did you use the scanner to update your speedo
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Advanced Tuner
    yes

Tuner in Training
    it looks as if it is not using the VE tables which is fine. You then need to tune it using the airflow table, and the small Range and Large Range need to be within 3% inversely proportional to whatever you set. Basically when not using VE, the airflow becomes limited. There is a max limit that we do not have access too. I would also set the sensed MAP threshold a bit higher. The belt driven supercharger does not add alot of additional airflow until PRatio beyond 1. I put PD blowers at 1.2 as the factory stuff is good at holding it together until about then. You will need to work on pedal feel in the Torque management section under Power% request. Once that is all done you may want to work on the shift tables abit. This channel list helps122R5.Channels.xml

Tuner in Training
    Another thing I noticed, the injector tables seem off, not sure what brand Ripp is using, but most go for the Bosch GM supercharged shorty injectors and the table in that tune is not for those.

Advanced Tuner
    The injector and MAP data is the main reason I contacted Ripp. I'm not sure what injectors they used they just told me the tune I sent them (from the previous shop) was stock and for $150 they would send me their base tune in hpt format. So I'm using the injector data they provided. Id like to assume they have their stuff correct, but from what I've seen from some other super charger companies "tune" I wouldn't bet on it haha

Tuner in Training
    Can you get a picture or do you have some packaging. I have a couple injector maps for the popular injectors.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by DAVECS2 View Post
    Can you get a picture or do you have some packaging. I have a couple injector maps for the popular injectors.
    I didn't have any part of the build. It was all done at another shop. Supposedly it drove fine for a while then went back. From what I was told the other shop was working with Ripp and kept emailing tunes back and forth. They eventually gave up and brought it to me.

When I finally gave in and contacted Ripp they emailed me a tune that SHOULD have the proper injector and MAP data in there, but I have zero idea which injectors are in there. Ill try and get one pulled over the next day or so if I can and see what they come up as