Thread: interface not found or is not responding

Tuner in Training

interface not found or is not responding

Support ticket 48735

Had the message come up after having recently successfully done some scans and edits.
    MacBook Pro on Parallels
    VCM suite
    checked above versions are current
    checked connections/reseated/tried new ports
    reloaded driver
    checked the troubleshooting FAQ
    2013 E38 Corvette ECM in a swap vehicle, it is licensed by me and had edits made before the message came up.
    MPVI2

Summary of support help was need windows based computer and Mac on Parallels isn't it.

thanks for any help on steps to take in determining if truly SOL.
    Last edited by Carbon; 05-17-2022 at 11:10 AM.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Unfortunately our hardware/software products do not natively support mac products so any issues you run into we will not be able to troubleshoot, sorry.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    Bill, thanks. Seems like having support is worthwhile after looking over low end windows laptops.
    Is there any scenario, where after going over to a windows laptop setup, that I'd have to rebuy stuff I've already licensed?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    No. Licenses are physically stored on the MPVI device itself, moving to a different laptop/pc has no effect on your licenses.

Tuner in Training
    I'm guessing that using a Virtualbox VM running Windows 10 would be the reason that I'm getting "please connect an MPVI interface" or when it does connect "failed to write data to interface"?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by TA_Freak View Post
    I'm guessing that using a Virtualbox VM running Windows 10 would be the reason that I'm getting "please connect an MPVI interface" or when it does connect "failed to write data to interface"?
    Our product does not support mac so if thats what you are running virtual box on that is likely the issue.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    Our product does not support mac so if thats what you are running virtual box on that is likely the issue.
    How about Linux with Virtualbox/Windows 10. I don't actually have a Windows machine.

Tuner in Training
    How about Linux with Virtualbox/Windows 10. I don't actually have a Windows machine.
    I'm guessing that's a NO. The apps in the suite won't even launch. Looks like my Linux laptop is going to have to go to Windows if I'm going to tune.

Tuner in Training
    I'm guessing that's a NO. The apps in the suite won't even launch. Looks like my Linux laptop is going to have to go to Windows if I'm going to tune.
    The apps wouldn't launch because the .Net framework had to be upgraded in Windows. I could not talk to the interface from either VM so I installed Windows - which of course now works.