Thread: Want back to stock (noname)tuned 99 Viper

Tuner in Training

Want back to stock (noname)tuned 99 Viper

Hi,
    car is already tuned,
    no cat so engine light,
    cannot read the tune (no VIN and not able to read) because of using other tuning tools than HPT in the past,
    dealer not able to tell/don't want to tell about previous owner, and probably the tuner was in US and the car is now in Europe,
    i tried some options with HPT support, only way seems to be back to stock with original tools (so, impossible for me).

I was plan to find a stock HTP file from 99 Viper and erase the "bad" (aka, w/o VIN and not able to be read by HPT) existant file, but
    1) support speak about OS, and risk to fried PCM
    2) cannot find 99 Viper tune (probably exist on the repository, but no more acces from Europe since website go from .COM to .EU here,
    3) i know it exist some SKIM issue cause of VIN or other stuff

Don't care about VIN, just want to desable rear O2 (and prefer not crash a 2400$ PCM :-( )

HPT speak about WITECH tool, but don't know about this hard/soft, don't know a shop who have this in Europe...

Any option/info/idea for me ?

Best regards

Advanced Tuner
    Which country in Europe?

Tuner
    sounds like you may need to try and use a "VPN" virtual private network service. you can get it with a security suite or some offer them by themselves for a monthly fee and cancel anytime. useing this vpn will allow you to get out of the locked down eu servers and download stuff from us servers with .com because lots of u across the pond are locked out of our .com your option to use the vpn will let you change your browsing location to whereever and you might even get to netflix show banned in eu. hope u figure it out.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Pekka_Perkeles View Post
    Which country in Europe?
    France (sorry for the delay, i haven't see any replay alert :-( )

Tuner in Training
    thanks, i will try this day

Tuner in Training
    and for my Viper issue,
    1) as the PCM is already tunned, by other tools than HPT, should i try to write entire from a repositiy viper 99 stock tune ?
    2) as i know it exist some SKIM issue cause of VIN or other stuff, should be able to start with another tune then the (lost) original one ?

Tuner
    u would have to contact customer support in regards to licensing if you have any vin issues. honestly i didnt look for viper tunes much but there are many different sources online that would be able to use the tune delivery network to get it up and going. does it read the vin with a standard scanner like autel? USEING Repository TUNES IS AT YOUR OWN RISK, i dont recommend it. curious if u can read the vin with a scan tool. there are other ways to trick the pcm into thinking the cats are fine like useing a spark plug defouler that u drill out the hole so the o2 sensor can still read but is out of the stream, there are different sizes/lengths. also the pcm is looking for certain values so a inline resistor of sorts could give your pcm the correct values... unfortunatly u cant just wire the wires together LOL

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by tmanplanet View Post
    u would have to contact customer support in regards to licensing if you have any vin issues. honestly i didnt look for viper tunes much but there are many different sources online that would be able to use the tune delivery network to get it up and going. does it read the vin with a standard scanner like autel? USEING Repository TUNES IS AT YOUR OWN RISK, i dont recommend it. curious if u can read the vin with a scan tool. there are other ways to trick the pcm into thinking the cats are fine like useing a spark plug defouler that u drill out the hole so the o2 sensor can still read but is out of the stream, there are different sizes/lengths. also the pcm is looking for certain values so a inline resistor of sorts could give your pcm the correct values... unfortunatly u cant just wire the wires together LOL
    (Sorry for delay, never have email of reply)

I already contact support, they cannot do something as the car was tunned without a perfect tools

Don't have autel or other software/hardware, just HPT

We probably have to cheat the sensor :-(

Potential Tuner
    What is the part number on the PCM? 04848924AD or AE? If so, you could send me the PCM and I can erase it and reprogram to stock for you. I have a small business on ebay doing this work. You can send me a private message.

Tuner in Training
    you can use the "Chrysler j2534 Flash Application" and the j2534 interface. I can send the required factory software file

Tuner in Training

Tuner in Training
    Hi,
    Completly lost with j2534 stuff, so, have questions :

1) did you have low cost interface link ? (is this is ok ? https://www.obdiitool.co.uk/wholesal...caAq5vEALw_wcB)
    2) as i read on some website, do i have to pay over the interface chrysler or other for some acces (something like $100 for 3 days)
    3) no issue with VIN ?
    4) no issue with SKIM if this Viper is equipped ?

Best regards