Thread: 09 Silverado Supercharger Tuning Adjustments Help

Tuner

09 Silverado Supercharger Tuning Adjustments Help

Just seeing if I can get some valuable input out there. I am not looking for answers just pointed in the right direction. I just installed this Edelbrock E-force 1578 Supercharger and been long time going between machine shops and summit racing. Anyway I still do not have this startable because I am waiting on a meling oil pump, but the engine is in and supercharger on and installed. I have Edelbrocks stock program but I dont feel comfortable that it is going to fire up and be in tune. I have a 500 lift cam, forged pistons 30 over. I am going to try to download what I have with key on engine not running. My volumetric efficiency looks great for what that means not being started. I know there is going to be a lot of going back and forth I am just trying to get a jump start on this. Thanks for anybody lookin at my files
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    The Edelbrock tune should have the correct settings for the fuel injectors supplied in their kit. You definitely need that correct FI data. If your fuel system is stock, you should be able to start right up. From what I can see, the Edelbrock tune is very conservative and a good place to start.
    Last edited by pannetron; 06-04-2022 at 10:37 AM.

Senior Tuner
    That's a safe start up tune. It has the correct injector data and MAP sensor data. What part number cam are you running? There will likely be some changes required for that.
    Your IAT isn't working. Is the MAF sensor connected?

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin87turbot View Post
    That's a safe start up tune. It has the correct injector data and MAP sensor data. What part number cam are you running? There will likely be some changes required for that.
    Your IAT isn't working. Is the MAF sensor connected?
    No I am sorry It is not connected I am just trying to get everything ready to fire hopefully tomorrow. I have found a pump and plan on going forward. Thanks for your input.. The cam I am running is a Summit 8712R1, and running headers also if that makes a difference. Hope to give you more input soon. Thanks again

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by pannetron View Post
    The Edelbrock tune should have the correct settings for the fuel injectors supplied in their kit. You definitely need that correct FI data. If your fuel system is stock, you should be able to start right up. From what I can see, the Edelbrock tune is very conservative and a good place to start.
    Thank you for your input. I hope to have the pump installed tomorrow and running with logged data

Tuner

6.2 Supercharger E-force Update

Quote Originally Posted by SilveradoNut View Post
    Thank you for your input. I hope to have the pump installed tomorrow and running with logged data
    Everything has went hunky dory with edelbrock got my parts and Tony has hooked me up with everything I need. The engine is in the truck and up and running, just needs some dialing in. I installed the 5.3 edelbrock tune that came with the supercharger (figure as a starting point) and runs fairly smooth just lacks the ump off idle. Being new to this tuning process I was hoping for some advise. I have downloaded a quick run and and program file for the truck. I was wondering if I should tell the hp tuners in general tab that its cubic inch is 6.2 instead of 5.3 and how much more airflow should I add 10% to start and see what happens. Anyway the engine has great oil pressure and sounds awesome so I am on the right track any help would be greatly appreaciated. Also check my throttle file it looks screwed up. Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files