Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ZL1 tune with questions

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by hjtrbo View Post
    Just letting you know your catalyst test is enabled. This is the correct way to have it for emissions compliance. I think you should research this forum to see if the tune will run ok with an 02 removed. I vaguely remember reading here somewhere that if the cat test is not completed it leaves it rich or something like that. Can't remember for sure, but its sitting there in the back of my mind annoying me enough that I wanted to bring it to your attention... Or one of the senior lads may jump in and answer that for you right here...

Thanks for the heads up. I will look into it. Rears didn?t used to effect fueling when I was in school. But that was a long time ago lol. I would think the guys with out cats would shut that off anyway

I also am lucky and do not have to take emissions
    Last edited by ds15zl1; 05-19-2022 at 10:21 PM.

Tuning Addict
    Doesn't matter - you have to use old software thanks to epa bs to disable that kind of stuff now. There's a post O2 test and cat test both that will cause fueling to get stuck if sensors missing. If your able to disable those test then your good to go.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Post-cat O2's don't control fueling like the fronts do, but during the cat test it makes it go rich and looks for a response from the post-cat sensors.

Senior Tuner
    It looks the same but its not...
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by GHuggins View Post
    Doesn't matter - you have to use old software thanks to epa bs to disable that kind of stuff now. There's a post O2 test and cat test both that will cause fueling to get stuck if sensors missing. If your able to disable those test then your good to go.
    That sucks. Thanks for the clarification

Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    Post-cat O2's don't control fueling like the fronts do, but during the cat test it makes it go rich and looks for a response from the post-cat sensors.
    Thanks for the information. Makes sense what you guys are saying

It looks the same but its not...
    I really appreciate all the help you have been man. I will check this one out

Tuner in Training
    Here is a drive log. Hjtrbo i did not add in the flex fuel spark changes you have given me yet because i have pulled timing from the whole table until i can verify fueling with a wideband. i know on the dyno my car did not like more than 19 degreee timing on gas so i will adjust that accordingly. So this is just a log with the same settings as last time but just a quick drive and not just idle.

Three things bug me.
    1. IFR is still pretty high and for some reason. I double checked all the injector data and it seems to be correct for the id1050x injectors. Maybe i am missing something easy.
    2. Fuel pump duty cycle command is 99 percent. The tune looks like it should be 90% until 5000rpms and then ramp up and not hit 99percent until 7000rpms. Can anyone see why it is doing this
    3. LTFT Min ECT is set to 172 stock is like 95. Is this a big deal?

quick drive with some changes.hpl

as found with iat multiplier fixed plus rev changes minus timing.hpt

Senior Tuner
    Our setups are slightly different. I've added a better scanner list for you. Load that up next time you go for a run.

IFR is fine. What you see there is you have an injector delta pressure of 400kpa. If we look that up on your IFR table with the multiplier that's right at 14.5ish g/s.

The fuel pump duty cycle. We need to see the FPCM tune for that. You'll have to license it and read it out. Now on that, I'm not sure if its a virtual read (used to be in the past) or if HP does an actual read now. When you read it we should be able work out if its actual vs virtual by doing a stock compare and / or analysing the log.

LTFT min ECT. Up to you really. What's happening there is that the original tuner doesn't want the long terms updated until the engine has settled at operating temp. Everyone will have different takes on this. Would need to see a log of a freezing cold to hot long ass idle. Can look at the trims over the 10minutes and see what they're doing. If a little off then can use ITT table to add / remove fuel when injectors are cold.

Your idle spark is hovering around 0 deg. Should be up at 15 as per your idle table. Min air flow looks ok. You standard throttle body?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    Our setups are slightly different. I've added a better scanner list for you. Load that up next time you go for a run.

IFR is fine. What you see there is you have an injector delta pressure of 400kpa. If we look that up on your IFR table with the multiplier that's right at 14.5ish g/s.

The fuel pump duty cycle. We need to see the FPCM tune for that. You'll have to license it and read it out. Now on that, I'm not sure if its a virtual read (used to be in the past) or if HP does an actual read now. When you read it we should be able work out if its actual vs virtual by doing a stock compare and / or analysing the log.

LTFT min ECT. Up to you really. What's happening there is that the original tuner doesn't want the long terms updated until the engine has settled at operating temp. Everyone will have different takes on this. Would need to see a log of a freezing cold to hot long ass idle. Can look at the trims over the 10minutes and see what they're doing. If a little off then can use ITT table to add / remove fuel when injectors are cold.

Your idle spark is hovering around 0 deg. Should be up at 15 as per your idle table. Min air flow looks ok. You standard throttle body?

Awesome thanks for the clarification on the ifr.

I will load the scanner list you sent next time. Starting back into my work 72 hour work week tonight so it may take a few days till I can.

I really appreciate the help.

Senior Tuner
    6 x 12hr shifts yuck! Hope they give you plenty of time off. Pretty common 12hr shift here in Oz is 4 days on 4 off. Some of the really lucky ones get 4 on 6 off!

Tuner in Training
    6 x 12hr shifts yuck! Hope they give you plenty of time off. Pretty common 12hr shift here in Oz is 4 days on 4 off. Some of the really lucky ones get 4 on 6 off!

4x16s and an 8hr

Then day and half off and back. We are real short at work and last year I did 160 16hr shifts and on pace to tie that it beat it this year lol

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ds15zl1 View Post
    4x16s and an 8hr

Then day and half off and back. We are real short at work and last year I did 160 16hr shifts and on pace to tie that it beat it this year lol
    you are crazy man...lol. I'm 100% remote and i'm lucky to get in 45 hours a week!!!! Not sure how old you are but as I have gotten older (38 yrs old now) my time is more important to me than money is!

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by sgod1100 View Post
    you are crazy man...lol. I'm 100% remote and i'm lucky to get in 45 hours a week!!!! Not sure how old you are but as I have gotten older (38 yrs old now) my time is more important to me than money is!

And I agree. As soon as they stop making me work this much I will lol

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ds15zl1 View Post

And I agree. As soon as they stop making me work this much I will lol
    yeah definitely do that. I remember when i was in my early 20s (fresh out of school) i had one goal...to make as MUCH money as possible..lmao. Over the years and now having a family my views have definitely changed on that. Well, I'm hoping for your sake that time comes sooner than later for ya

Senior Tuner
    Be random and move to Australia mate. A good Mech or Elec trade can pull easy $140k/yr base + overtime (at double time) + 10.5% superannuation working in a manufacturing / production facility doing 4 on 4 off shifts, not even breaking a sweat or the relationship. Free healthcare over here too. And you can trade your ZL1 in to buy a Holden . Gas is a bit more expensive though, and so is beer, god damn it. E85 is USD$5.18/gallon. Beer is USD$32 for a 24 pack of your local favourite brew. 2 bits of nice porterhouse from the supermarket runs around USD$11/lb.

Tuner in Training

Finally got my wideband installed. I was able to do a quick drive. Man this was lean under power enrichment.

Here is the first drive with i didnt load your list yet i will do that tomorrow. I just wanted to get a quick log real fast.

step 1 maf wb.hpl

this is the tune that goes with it.
    15zl1 maf tuning trims only step2.hpt

these are the adjustments i made.. I know i am a long way off just wanted to get started and see how it reacts. tomorrow i will do some more logging and maybe start putting the timing set up you gave me in.
    15zl1 maf tuning trims only step3.hpt

Tuner in Training
    Latest data log and tune changes after data log.

step 3.hpl
    15zl1 maf tuning trims only step5.hpt

Still pretty lean up top

Tuner in Training
    Changed where i had injector tip temp set to add. i noticed the stock set up i was already in the adder just driving around normal. few changes to maf and I am getting closer.
    15zl1 maf tuning trims only step6.hpt
    step4.hpl

Tuner in Training
    hjtrbo I would love it if you looked over this stuff to see if it is set up properly.

Quick run. I am pretty sure it should be in blended air mode. I have two logs but for some reason one of them will not upload

15zl1 maf tuning trims only step16 w dynamic air.hpt

vve and maf1.5.hpl

Also two graphs i am using to fill out my VVE one with fuel trims and one with WB

VVE wb.Table.xml

VVE ft.Table.xml

Lastly the math I am using thanks to this thread. https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...ation-for-gen4

gmve ft.MathParameter.xml

gmve from wb.MathParameter.xml

Senior Tuner
    Just need to set min max ECT for maf fail to stock and also P066 airflow correlation.

Screenshot 2022-06-29 111637.png

Your filters didn't work. Use these
    Fuel trim
    [6215.241]<60 and [2517.161.avg(500)]=0 and [2517.161.avg(-500)]=0 and (abs([50090.156.slope(1500)])+abs([50090.156.slope(-500)]))<2 and ([6310]=7 OR [6310]=9 OR [6310]=14 OR [6310]=15)=0

Open loop WOT
    [6215.241]<60 and [2517.161.avg(200)]=0 and [2517.161.avg(-200)]=0 and[6310.avg(1000)]=9 and [50090.156]>98

Maths is fine for closed loop. Didn't check open loop as you had not WOT runs in there.

Tuner in Training
    Just need to set min max ECT for maf fail to stock and also P066 airflow correlation.

Screenshot 2022-06-29 111637.png

Your filters didn't work. Use these
    Fuel trim
    [6215.241]<60 and [2517.161.avg(500)]=0 and [2517.161.avg(-500)]=0 and (abs([50090.156.slope(1500)])+abs([50090.156.slope(-500)]))<2 and ([6310]=7 OR [6310]=9 OR [6310]=14 OR [6310]=15)=0

Open loop WOT
    [6215.241]<60 and [2517.161.avg(200)]=0 and [2517.161.avg(-200)]=0 and[6310.avg(1000)]=9 and [50090.156]>98

Maths is fine for closed loop. Didn't check open loop as you had not WOT runs in there.
    Awesome. Thank you. I will give them a go.