Thread: Need some help. 1st tune, project learning vehicle.

Potential Tuner

Need some help. 1st tune, project learning vehicle.

So im new to tuning with a computer needing some help to figure out which way to go. I have a 2001 tahoe 5.3 lm7 I just completed a full out of frame overhaul/upgrade. Stock block, stock crank, stock flat top pistons. Cam upgraded to BTR stage 2 truck cam, cam springs upgraded to chevy perf behives 550 springs, BTR trunion kit. stock 862 heads. stock truck intake, Stock injectors. Exhaust upgraded to stainless works short tube headers factory bolt up. every gasket replaced, mls head gaskets etc etc. I am getting the dreaded P0300 random missfire and terrible idle. I checked for spark all cylinders, all have spark, compression test all equal and good, verified injectors good, fresh back from cleaning and flow balanced. verified no vacumn leaks, fuel pressure regulator is new. Ive done a CASE relearn on it but unsure if it has worked or not. misfires go away above 1000 rpm. Im guessing its due to the cam throwing off the crank sensor and the knock sensors talking to each other if that makes sense. standard ls3 valley knock sensors. My timing is showing all over the place as well LTFT erratic. Ive attached two logs as well as the base factory tune thats in the truck. If someone could please take a look and let me know what direction i need to go with this. Im learning and trying to figure out hptuners. I appreciate any help i can get. tahoe62.hpttahoe6-22.hpltahoe6-23.hpl

Try this to help with idle.
    Any reason you are only logging LTFT? Might want to add o2 mv to your channels so you can see how they are acting.

If those are 25lb injectors I believe they are not going to support this set up at high RPM, I could be wrong.

Are you going to get a wideband?
    It is a MUST to tune PE and WOT..

You are off to a good start
    Attached Files Attached Files
    2011 Camaro 2SS Convertible L99 Bone Stock for now
    2003 Dodge 2500 5.9 Cummins QC 4x4. Airaid, 2nd Gen Intake, Grid Heater Delete, D-Tech 62/65/12, Magnaflow. Bully Dog: Propane Injection, Triple Dog W/Outlook Crazy Larry. Edge EZ, BD Flow-Max, 48RE: Sonnax Sure Cure/Transgo combination, Derale turbulator, billet input, Triple Disc, Super servo, 4 ring Accumulator. :beer

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by dhoagland View Post
    Try this to help with idle.
    Any reason you are only logging LTFT? Might want to add o2 mv to your channels so you can see how they are acting.

If those are 25lb injectors I believe they are not going to support this set up at high RPM, I could be wrong.

Are you going to get a wideband?
    It is a MUST to tune PE and WOT..

You are off to a good start
    Thanks for the help. Ill make sure they stft and the 02 mv are in my channels, i thought i had them in the channels. I have an AEM Wideband im installing this weekend. The injectors are the stock GM injectors for the lm7 engines not sure what the lb/hr on the stock injectors are. I appreciate the help.