Thread: Misfire Help

Potential Tuner

Misfire Help

Hi all,

I need some help with figuring out what is causing a random misfire at idle and slow driving (between 2 to 20 misfire count) and huge miss sometimes (200 misfire count)!.

Mods
    2016 CTSV, headers with cats, roto fab big gulp, 103 TB, ported blower, upper and lower pulleys (~15 PSi), meth, chiller, 160 stat, catch can.

I took it to the dyno, and all is fine with an excellent number ~735 rwhp and the same TQ. It ran at the track; 1 and 2 runs were ok, 3rd run was horrible with ~200 misfires. And a drop of 1 sec in 1/4.

I changed the sparkplugs three times with different gapping (40,32,28), although they were fine. I checked the wires, and they were ok. I tested coils, and they were fine. I Did a leak down test, and all was fine; I took it to the dyno and made 750 rwhp and about the same TQ.. !?!?!?!?

I took it to the track; 1st and 2nd runs were ok. The same thing happened after a cooldown on the 3rd run, misfiring like crazy (in ~200 range).

Yesterday, the same type of misfire (~200) happed at 30kph cursing. It gradually faded when I leaned it to the paddle, slowed down and leaned on it smoothly, and slowly returned to the usual misfire of (~2 to 20 while driving).

I am getting confused. I don't know, but I thought VVT had a problem or DOD. maybe even the O2s are half-broken. I am unsure of what the problem is.

Can anyone help me out?

Note all misfires mentioned here are from my aeroforce gauge pod.
    drag run 3.hpl
    cruise 160 thermo.hpl

Cheers!
    Last edited by TAGZO6; 05-19-2022 at 02:17 AM.

Tuner
    I'm not sure if my comments will help or not. But during the drag run 3, when you were getting lots of misfires in cylinder 8, your fuel status was OL- Fault and your Injector Pulse Width Averages for both banks got to 9.4ms. On my Corvette, when I'm pushing 6ms for the injectors, I start running into performance issues. I've never had a OL fault so I don't know the trigger for that unless it's caused by the injectors not able to supply the fuel when needed.

I hope you figure it out as it's a awesome setup!!