Thread: Issue at part throttle. Clunk sound when first pushing on pedal

Tuner in Training

Issue at part throttle. Clunk sound when first pushing on pedal

Issue at part throttle. Clunk sound when first pushing on pedal while cruising or pulling out. And going up hills under light throttle the car would buck.
    I may have found the fix. I got freaky and decided I am going to play around with these Indicated Torque tables under Engine>Torque Model.
    So first I added 5% to all the cells in both tables. Then I loaded the tune, reset adaptive and went for a ride.
    I immediately noticed the car is very sluggish and took a great deal of pedal to get moving. Felt like I was pulling a boat or another vehicle.

HMMMM I said to myself.

So I pull over. Shut the car off and proceed to copy those same tables back to how they were. After getting them back to where they were. I went ahead and multiplied all cells in both tables by .99. Which as we know lowers the numbers by 1%.

I loaded tune, reset adaptive and proceeded to drive.
    I again, immediately notice the car is now more responsive and the pedal control was greatly increased. My pedal has never felt this good before. I can pull out with more throttle and not have it go into WOT as easily. And I also noticed the clunking has nearly disappeared and I can climb hills at light throttle and not have the car bucking.

I am going to take another 1% out of those tables and I think that will do the trick.

Edit: Vehicle is a 2016 Dodge Charger SXT AWD with Ripp Supercharger and other Mods.
    Last edited by BoostBuilder; 05-19-2022 at 09:32 AM.

Tuner in Training
    Hey can I take a look at your tune file? I have a 2017 Charger SXT with a RIPP kit I want to compare it to mine and see if I can fix some throttle issues I have going on as well.. I?d appreciate it.