Thread: 2012 CTSV Misfire

Tuner in Training

2012 CTSV Misfire

I?m working to chase down a weird misfire issue and wanted some guidance. I?m not sure if this is tune related but it?s has been happening for the 2 years I have owned the car and it only happens during the very specific driving situations mentioned below. I have let it go since I almost never see heavy traffic and this is where it happens.

So far I moved the coils and changed all plugs and wires BR7 EF gapped at .026 to see if the misfire would ?move? but it didn?t. The miss on 4 occurs only when driving very slow 5-10mph with a small amount of throttle/feathering to maintain that speed. All traction control lights will turn on and the idle will go rough along with hard shifting. If I increase speed for a few seconds the lights will go off and the miss will stop. I get code P0300 and P0304 along with C0561 with CEL.

I am very new to HP tuners and have only read the car and done 1 upload. I have yet to log the issue as I can duplicate it at will. I have attached the current tune for some opinions if it is a tune issue. I would like to post a log as well. Any thought on the channel selections? The car runs very well otherwise.

Mods
    2.38 upper(14ish PSI)
    long tubes
    Airraid
    ID1300s(plan was to go E in the future)
    Alky Meth

Tune 12-10-21 .hpt

Senior Tuner
    I would try swapping #4 injector with one of the other injectors and see if the misfire moves to a different cylinder.