Thread: 2018 Charger w/ Livernois tune

Potential Tuner

2018 Charger w/ Livernois tune

2018 Charger with a livernois tune. While I was in california, Vortech installed supercharger and got the pcm unlocked, unlocked for use with hp tuners and the tune from livernois, but also used HP Tuners for tuning the car.

Now I am in Arizona, took it to a race shop and they, using HP Tuners, can?t connect to the pcm. Nothing comes up and can?t even load any files.

Talking with vortech, he used hp tuners with no issues (I saw it as we test drove it) and talking with livernois it will be 175 to redo with stock tune)

Before I send the pcm back to livernois, are there and steps I can take?

Tuner in Training
    I've had some weird communication issues before, and after unhooking the battery and letting it sit for 10-15 mins and reconnecting it was all good.

Potential Tuner
    Appreciate it, I?ll give that a try.

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    you need smart key gateway on 2018+ located behind/under driver panel i believe
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by SultanHassanMasTuning View Post
    you need smart key gateway on 2018+ located behind/under driver panel i believe
    I do have that installed. I can bring up the scanner but when trying to load the editor I get the x35 invalid key

Doesn't Livernois lock all their tunes??
    2018 Trackhawk PCM/TCM tune by Dusterhoff.
    Flex Fuel, MMX faux 95mm TB, GripTec 2.85, 10% ATI lower, FIC1200, ARH 1 7/8 w/cats, 180 T-stat

13 Chrysler 300S, RAM BGE 412 stroker, cam motion 232/246 619/619 118 +4, ATI 18% OD pulley
    Whipple Gen5 3.0, 2.50 upper pulley, Smooth Boost controller, FIC 1200 inj. Nick W 108mm TB, FORE dual return fuel system, E85, FTI 2800 stall(SRT83380), SHR WAR Viking trans and valve body, Getrag 3.73, 1 7/8 kooks w/hi-flow cats, 3" Magnaflow Cat-back 943rwhp

Potential Tuner
    I believe they do yes, I was hoping I could at least read it.

Livernois.......sux (My opinion ) once they do a tune they lock the PCM, you have two options , Go back to to them or get a back up PCM and have the vin flashed and unlock it.

You can ask them if they are willing to change your MVPI into a slave for their master ID. Outside of that, unless you have some very specific tools, it would be much cheaper for Livernois to uninstall their tune than for you to purchase the tools need to get into the ecu. If you were back in SoCal I could probably figure it out. Someone in AZ that may have the toolset would be Vivid Racing / Agency Power. Ask for Dan and see if he can help you.