Thread: anyone out there tune the lcv i4 for BOOST? or experienced with lgz and boost

Potential Tuner

anyone out there tune the lcv i4 for BOOST? or experienced with lgz and boost

hi everyone i bought a scanner and have been trying to learn a bit but im not going to gamble and try and tune my truck . im looking to find someone who can write me a safe base tune for my 2017 colorado wt it is the 6 speed manual . i want to select a small turbo that will spool and have full boost early on so i can tow similar to the new 2.7 . im assuming the lgz has a many charger kits and dont blow up with a 100 whp increase my truck should hopefully handle about a 40-65whp increase if not more everyone is welcome to chime in with whatever info they would like to share and if its not possible ill accept it from someone who knows better thank you for reading

Advanced Tuner
    The companies that produced the charger kits for the LGZ did extensive R&D and testing, and to compare the LGZ to the LCV is like comparing a can opener to a fingernail file. To my knowledge, none of that sort of R&D and testing has been done with the 2.5L. As such, the 2.5L might be capable of accepting 0HP, 50HP or 200HP more without upgrading the internals, nobody knows.

I will point out that the 2.5L and the 2.0L turbo engine used in the ATS, Camaro, and Malibu are very similar architecturally, and the 2.0 turbo engine is known for breaking on the stock calibration, so take that for what it's worth. Good luck, and keep us posted!

Potential Tuner
    thanks for the response i havent heard any good news so i havent bought a single part . part of me still wants to go for it and try and figure it out but thats loco . this six speed transmission is so nice if only it had 50 -70 more hp