Thread: LT4 Gen5 No Throttle when started

Potential Tuner

LT4 Gen5 No Throttle when started

Hello, I have a basically stock 2017 Corvette Swap LT4 Gen 5 (except for DOD Delete, no variable camshaft, added a cam phase limiter) that's mated to an automatic TCI6X transmission. I have it installed in an 84 Monte Carlo. For the following problem, I have tried to use the original Automatic Transmission tune and also a Manual transmission tune. Both have similar results.

The engine starts and will idle, but it has no throttle when started and goes into reduced power mode. I've had a few good folks help me that I contacted from this forum, but still I cannot get the throttle to change once the engine starts. The pedal works when the key is on, 0-100%. Also, when the key is on, the throttle will open and close with the pedal, but only up to about 40+%. Using the special functions in the VCM Scanner, it will over-ride the throttle from -100%, but again, only when the key is on.

Attached is the manual transmission tune I am currently using and a log. Any help in the right direction is greatly appreciated! Thank you.
    Manual Trans Tune-220519-1.hpt
    Manual Tune- First Start 220519-1.hpl

Potential Tuner
    Cancel this- I figured it out...

Glad you figured it out!! Now let’s tune this rig

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

Potential Tuner

Would you please post your solution

Quote Originally Posted by 59rah View Post
    Cancel this- I figured it out...
    I am having the same issue with no throtttle response. Engine starts and idles but no throttle.
    I have yet to see a solution posted after someone figures it out. It would be very helpful.

Potential Tuner
    The ETC was in Limp mode i.e. ETC Disabled. This is why the accelerator would not work. There could be many reasons for this. For me, I had spliced the TPS signal to my TCI Transmission control module from the accelerator pedal primary signal. The ECU did not like this. I removed the splice and engine came out of limp mode. To get the TPS Signal to the transmission, I used the throttle signal wire on the Position signal 2 (Pin 2, ECU X1-34), not the primary signal 1 (Pin 5, X1-15) from the accelerator pedal. I hope this helps!