Thread: 2010 Camaro 2SS timing issues

Potential Tuner

2010 Camaro 2SS timing issues

I got this camaro in that they just want a little more. It's had a good bit of work done, CAI, GPI SS3 vvt cam, GPI "remote tune", 3200 stall with TSP exhaust. The thing sounds fantastic and mostly runs good too, just not in a couple areas.
    The problem its having is it falls flat on its face starting around 23-2500rpm. Timing is around 20 degrees in that area, which is a bit low to me. There was also a strange timing hiccup every few seconds that I finally figured out was happening every time the a/c kicked on. From what I can tell, it still has the stock a/c torque reduction, but the timing drops for a milisecond when compressor kicks. The changelog is extensive on it and I really don't know where to go with this.
    Any ideas or directions anyone can guide me in would be greatly appreciated.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Potential Tuner
    Following that thread through, I'd say that's exactly whats happening. Just surprised it's so exaggerated now vs stock.
    What about the obvious lack of power starting around 2300? While all engines can vary, most LS stuff is happier pushing 30 degrees while making power while this thing is in going with 4-22. Just trying to figure out when I'm looking at and what to fix where.
    Thanks.

Tuner
    I've tuned quite a few of those cams. The SS3 can be a dog down low until they get some RPM. Peak torque is a little later on these. I have found that they do like a little more timing down low. Try increasing it a few degrees in the "low power" area and watch your torque. Zero out the ac torque tables.

RPS Twin Carbon Clutch
    Kook's Headers
    Ported Supercharger
    Cold Air Inductions cai
    ID850's
    GPTuning 2.5 Cam
    9.1 Lower 2.5 Upper

Potential Tuner
    That's what this thing feels like. Thanks all for the replies.