Thread: 17gt FBO E85 1 Question, 1 issue

Tuner in Training

17gt FBO E85 1 Question, 1 issue

Mods - 1320 ported 18 manifold w/lockouts, long tube headers back, JLT intake, lu47lb inj, E85 only/Strictly

Question - I had this vehicle on dyno today. Car made decent power. 450hp 386tq. The Stock VCT angles seemed to work the best. Very minor correction. Is this normally the case for N/A vehicles or did i mess up??? because I advanced the timing where i wanted it before i started messing with the Cam angles...

Issue - The car idles perfect. Problem is Sometimes on cold start or hot start the car will idle up and stumble then pick back up or sometimes stall. Ive tried adding and subtracting fuel in the openloop startup tables, messing with idle adder and base set point, stat up timing, cranking fuel. I dont know what could be causing this. I know this doesnt happen on 93oct. Can someone look at my log and file and tell me what I'm missing. I would greatly appreciate it
    idle dies on startup.hpldyno 11.hpt

Tuner in Training
    Anybody🙏🙏🙏

Advanced Tuner
    The issue is you have a ported 18 manifold with lockouts but your tuned as if you were without lock outs.
    Where did you get your injector data? Mines a little different than yours. I'll put it in your file, that could fix your issue.

Research how to tune for IMRC delete because there are a lot of different ways.

I changed throttle body data and a couple of spark modifiers.
    dyno 11 - edit.hpt

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Thatwhite5.0 View Post
    The issue is you have a ported 18 manifold with lockouts but your tuned as if you were without lock outs.
    Where did you get your injector data? Mines a little different than yours. I'll put it in your file, that could fix your issue.

Research how to tune for IMRC delete because there are a lot of different ways.

I changed throttle body data and a couple of spark modifiers.
    dyno 11 - edit.hpt
    Ok thank you! I will get this loaded in asap.
    There's so much injector data out there for 47lb injectors. I've seen 4 different ones so far. It's so confusing on which is right and what's not...
    For stock throttle body, do you still have to make adjustments to it in some cases?

what jlt ? 110 /120? your maf is way off for both . your stoich is off . your injectors are off . your spark tables are way off . start with a stock file and a correct maf / injector table .

Tuner in Training