Thread: Changing computer in 2014 GT500

Changing computer in 2014 GT500

Has anyone ever had to replace the computer in a 2014 GT500? What are the procedures for that? Do you just do a write entire or because it has a different VIN in it do I need to buy more credits from HP Tuners to be able to write to the different computer?

Thanks

Marty

Advanced Tuner
    Yes, First are you using a computer from another vehicle that is the same make and model, if so Pats and Vin will be the only issues. If you have and IDS or Forscan you can put the computer in and reprogram it with as built data which will require 2 keys to complete the Pats handshake and program Vin and Mileage. I have not tried forcing a calibration onto another computer without programing AS Built data first.

It is also from a 2014 GT500. I don't have a Forscan and just one key. Is Forscan something like a locksmith would have? But if that is just part of the process that it needs to see two keys I could have a second one made by a locksmith with the chip in it so I could put two keys in. Or would I need to have the old computer in look up the Forscan to like download the data and swap the computers and then use the Forscan to upload the info back into the replacement computer and use the two keys as authentication of that. Sorry new at this and don't know what a Forscan is.

Advanced Tuner
    You should google forscan, it's an inexpensive option.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by mlecy View Post
    It is also from a 2014 GT500. I don't have a Forscan and just one key. Is Forscan something like a locksmith would have? But if that is just part of the process that it needs to see two keys I could have a second one made by a locksmith with the chip in it so I could put two keys in. Or would I need to have the old computer in look up the Forscan to like download the data and swap the computers and then use the Forscan to upload the info back into the replacement computer and use the two keys as authentication of that. Sorry new at this and don't know what a Forscan is.
    With forscan you can read and save each module in the vehicle, once you put the replacement in you have to reprogram it with the as built data, i dont think there is a way to trick it with one key, hence with hp you can turn the PATS off. Forscan does allow you to program Keys. your looking at 200$ depending on which OBD2 Module you buy plus the license. for alittle over 200 more you can use HP software turn of pats after you read your current pcm and reflash the replacement, unless you want factory security.

ok. I did some googling on forscan and bought it last night. It was not to bad. The license was like $12 and the ODB2 cable was about $60 on Amazon. I do have my license for HP so I am good there. I am going to get anther key from a locksmith. I checked my autel MK808 and it does IMMO for Ford. So I should be able to have the old computer in and use the autel to program the new key I get in. Then it sounds like use forscan to get the data from the modules. Sounds like mainly the VIN, Mileage and the key info. Once I do that I can swap computers and upload that data into the new computer. At that point the VIN will be the same as the old one So I can hook up my laptop with HP and upload the calibration in. That will copy over all the rest of the settings. Does that sound about right? I was doing some reading in the forms on forscan but I was not seeing alot about changing computers or what there was just saying I did it but not really saying now. I saw stuff about putting new keys in and some other settings.

Advanced Tuner
    An elm327 is <$20?

ok. Thanks for the info. I was just following the link on Forscan's website.

Advanced Tuner
    ok. Thanks for the info. I was just following the link on Forscan's website.
    Just make sure which ever module you get to use forscan it has hi / lo Can switch automatic.

It is an OBDLinnkEx P/N EX101.

That adapter worked. I was able to get the new computer swapped over.

Advanced Tuner
    That adapter worked. I was able to get the new computer swapped over.
    cool beans