Thread: 2012 Jeep 4D JK 37" tires, stock tuning and flex fuel maybe?

Advanced Tuner

2012 Jeep 4D JK 37" tires, stock tuning and flex fuel maybe?

Every now and then I start wanting to try and change up the factory tune on my 2012 Jeep Wrangler 3.6l. Low end torque would help it the most because it has 37" mud terrain tires with 4.10 gears and weighs 5140lbs. I know 4.56 or 4.88 would help a good amount there too. Maybe even delay the shifting a little?

A few times over the past couple years I start digging in to read what others posted on the matter and check out some posted tune files. I also read into some good info about tuning the VVT on these engines and how the stock is setup for the EGR effect, so some good gains can come there. Thank you all for the posts on these subjects.

I do not read much about the flex fuel side though, and I am pretty happy with E85 in my 2017 Sierra 6.2l that has sensor added and tuned. Plus running E85 in my wife's 2013 SRX that comes stock with the sensor.

I have attached my stock read file and a base tune with some changes I made from what I read in posts and from some other users files. Anyone want to share some input on running E85 on 2012 Jeep wrangler and thoughts on the changes I made for a base tune?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    Reading more on the Flex Fuel, I understand better that the wrangler OS did not have it enabled. I have put in a support request to see if a patch will be offered at some point, but I know its time has probably already passed. Hopeful thinking though.

Also after a bit of test driving, it appears these VVT settings are working better than the base tune above.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    Anyone that can give me some experience with flex fuel on a 2012-2014 JK? The support request I entered is still in process, but no real news going on with it.
    The more I work with the tune, it sure looks like it is setup for flex fuel... The scanner always shows 0% Alcohol and I am just running 87 octane which I am sure has at least a little in it too.

OS 68090874AG