Thread: tune help

Tuner in Training

tune help

I'm new to hp tuners. i bought a 0411 computer was already supposed to have a demolition derby tune. could some one look at it and let me know if it a good tune? I'm learning but derby is coming up faster than I'm learning. engine is a 02 5.3 with zoomies. no O2 sensors.

thank you
    Attached Files Attached Files

Umm, it basically has nothing done to it.

This will be a quick crash course of what you need to do real quick to that tune.

Turn off the STFT (short term fuel trims).
    Turn off the long term fuel trims, set the LTFT table to the max temp at 280 degrees so it doesn't use them.
    Turn off the COT, so that doesn't work anymore. (cat over temp)

The abuse mode in the engine torque mngt tab is still on. Set that to 7,000+ rpm and 0mph.

Turn on power enrichment earlier as well. Change the settings to 50% torque enable, 50% throttle on the HOT/COLD and remove the rpm delay. Change it down to 1,500rpm and not 5,500rpm.

You need to go through the entire DTC list in the engine diag tab and turn off all the things this computer is no longer using. All rear o2 sensor codes, all EVAP codes, cat codes. If the stock transmission is not being used, all transmission related codes need to be turned off to prevent the computer from pulling power and going into a limp mode. Change all those things to "No error reported" and uncheck the SES box. The transmission abuse mode needs to be turn off as well in the transmissions torque mngt tab.

Being that it's a derby car. Better make sure you can maintain 58psi of fuel pressure so you don't damage the engine from loss of fuel and I highly suggest you run 91 or 93 octane because this thing is going to screaming it's head off 95% of the time and you will have zero control over the fueling other than what is set in the tune from the factory.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    thank you

Tuner in Training
    think I did everything correctly

Tuner in Training
    I'm slowly learning about tuning. lol. I disabled cylinder charge temperature complex model. changed high rpm disable to 1 rpm in dynamic air flow, disabled stft and ltft. because no o2 sensors changed ect vrs iat to 200deg. changed arf on top coolant temperatures 214-285. copied high octane fuel trim and made low octane to make the same. disabled cot. changed spark retart vs torque reduction, richer to try and cool cylinder with more fuel. incase engine gets very hot during a derby. and a few other things, am i going in correct direction?

Tuner in Training
    Could someone take a look at my tune and tell me if I'm doing this correct?
    Thank you