Thread: Need Help on PID's

Need Help on PID's

I need help from the HP Tuners guru's on the Forum. I am looking at some scans from a recent on-track data log and a prior dyno run. What is the difference between the following PID's:
    "Trans Engine Torque"
    "Engine Torque"
    "Delivered Engine Torque"
    I understand these values are derived from various tuning inputs and could be quite different than actual torque measured on a dyno.

Senior Tuner
    All the same. Can't remember which one but one of the engine ones clips at 850Nm or thereabouts.

Senior Tuner
    And yes, very different to a dyno reading. Unless the dyno sheet is from an engine dyno.

Help! I am caught in a cross-fire between my car tuner and transmission builder/tuner. Can someone identify for me the correct name of all VCM Scanner PID's that relate to torque. I need to know the description of each, is the PID in the Engine or Transmission section, and how they are different.

'98 Torch Red A4 Coupe: "Old Reliable"- Lingenfelter / Magnuson SC / 440 RWHP / Best Quarter 11.55 @ 121
    '12 Torch Red A6 Grand Sport Coupe: "Misery Machine"- 416ci Forged Stroker / ECS/Paxton SC / 720 RWHP / Best Quarter 9.64 @ 145

Senior Tuner
    Just log trans engine torque.

If you posted a dyno sheet and log that clearly shows your sympton it would likely be very easy for us to see which side needs work.

You need to delete both this particular tuner and this particular transmission builder from your life, they are having a dick-waving contest and this will go nowhere until you get someone competent. As I believe you were basically (though, rather more politely) told in the identical thread you started in the transmission section.