Thread: Help with 2003 C5 Tune

Potential Tuner

Help with 2003 C5 Tune

UPDATE: Added a gallon of coolant...guess I should've checked that first but after spending 8 months at the builder I assumed all fluids were topped off. Also shifting still doesn't seem quite right but I'm sure one of the experts will be able to look at this tune and tell me why. I added a log but couldn't really get on it as my passenger was a little scared so no real WOT stretches on the short drive. Thank you again.

Can someone look at this tune or make a recommendation on who is best to provide recommendations? my 03 has forged bottom end, mild BTR SC cam, long tube headers, built transmission, A&A SC w/3.6 pulley, 80lb injectors, and A&A fuel system. Initially I got the P1870 code because i swapped in 3.42, and now that's cleared up but I just don't trust the tune...maybe I'm being paranoid but if you've followed any of my posts on the Corvette forum this build has been an 8 month nightmare.

Test drove this newest tune yesterday in 85 degree weather, overheated twice in traffic, then wouldn't go below 240 degrees the rest of the way home (20 min). I also noticed the oil pressure seemed to be low but maybe not...only about 30 psi while cruising at 60 and not getting any higher when I accelerate. It was down to about 20psi when idling. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
    Attached Files
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by ltnate3; 05-22-2022 at 12:07 PM.

Senior Tuner
    There are several areas for improvement on the tune.
    But it sounds like you need to check the coolant system first.
    Was it topped off with coolant? Sometimes air gets trapped in the system and causes overheating issues.
    Are both fans coming on?
    Once you get it running at a proper coolant temp, your oil pressure will be a bit better.

A datalog would help us determine how close the fuel tables are.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin87turbot View Post
    There are several areas for improvement on the tune.
    But it sounds like you need to check the coolant system first.
    Was it topped off with coolant? Sometimes air gets trapped in the system and causes overheating issues.
    Are both fans coming on?
    Once you get it running at a proper coolant temp, your oil pressure will be a bit better.

A datalog would help us determine how close the fuel tables are.
    Thank you...I'll go log some time on it now and post.

Senior Tuner
    Overall, the datalog actually looks pretty good. Unfortunately, we don't know the exact AF ratio without a wideband oxygen sensor. The narrowband sensors are in the upper 800 to low 900mV range. That is a good sign that the AF ratio is in the ballpark, but isn't an accurate way to determine if the fuel table is optimized.

The ignition timing is around 17 degrees at WOT. That may be ok, depending on your boost and type of fuel used. I didn't see any KR.

In order to datalog your boost, just remove the 1 bar MAP sensor from your next datalog, and add the 2 bar MAP sensor.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin87turbot View Post
    Overall, the datalog actually looks pretty good. Unfortunately, we don't know the exact AF ratio without a wideband oxygen sensor. The narrowband sensors are in the upper 800 to low 900mV range. That is a good sign that the AF ratio is in the ballpark, but isn't an accurate way to determine if the fuel table is optimized.

The ignition timing is around 17 degrees at WOT. That may be ok, depending on your boost and type of fuel used. I didn't see any KR.

In order to datalog your boost, just remove the 1 bar MAP sensor from your next datalog, and add the 2 bar MAP sensor.
    I'm using 93 Octane and my boost is about 13lbs. I have the AEM Digital a/f wideband connected also.

Potential Tuner
    Trying to determine why car won't start on 1st crank and why I smell fuel when driving and especially once it's in the garage. Thanks in advance.
    Attached Files Attached Files