Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dads Camaro issues

Advanced Tuner
    additional to what Dhoagland said, I would take an additional .15 from your 55,60, & 65kpa idle area in your VE table to see if that puts your fuel trims closer to what they need to be. Your BASE RUNNING AIRFLOW does look high in P/N and gets a bit higher when you put it in gear, which would be why "idle goes up and you have to stay on the brakes." Of course, only do one change at a time to see if it helps or makes it worse.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by dhoagland View Post
    Wow still looks rich, but before ya go any farther need to nail down a few things
    -1st Verify Injector data, not just flow rate. Really need to know what vehicle they came from its recently been pointed out that a lot of the conversation spread sheets out there are out dated and don't work with later OS
    -2nd Get ECM voltage (charging) straightened out (On of the very important injector tables has to do with voltage off set)
    -3rd Figure out TAC communication issue.

I don't see any reading from the MAF?
    injectors are 0280158051 ls3 injector

The maf i did notice that id wasn't reading .. I will try another log and see but i did unplug it while it was running and it changed the way it ran so i know its working.

other 2 issues im not sure as it was fine before it went into the body shop and now im dealing with them ..

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by MPTA View Post
    What year is this camaro? camaro is a 1973 if you want to see it go to my ig ryanleemendoza
    Also is the new P59 he flashed from the same vehicle so it will properly communicate with year tac and pedal? yes its the same..
    im not much of a tuner but i have put myself through swap school so i have a million questions if this was a non ls car to begin with..

Tuner in Training
    did you rework your own harness for this swap?. to me it seems like you have a bad ground or a bad signal either in the pedal or t.b. itself. stock truck pcm harness had a ground eyelet to the back of each cylinder head and another one down behind the powersteering pump that a lot of swappers miss. another thing id look over is if anything that has power isn't shorting to chassis or melted to the headers. simple stuff first.
    ive even heard of major headaches from people who purchased low cost reworked harnesses online. another thing to chew on is if your drive by wire t.b, pedal, and tac module all need to be from the same specific vin in some instances.. , a lot of swaps need a pedal, did you buy a swap pedal and its possibly not pinned right? or did you have to make any major mods to the truck pedal to get it to fit the car?.. if so it may need a throttle relearn. old dbw throttle body could be getting worn out,, i have seen instance where a high mile carboned up tb wore the shaft to the point the tac would fritz out in random positions.
    my swap harnesses i elect to go through and remove all wires that were not needed for my application using the info from lt1swap, the guy meticulously reverse engineered his swaps and built the "go to" website which i recommend referencing if your not 100% sure about all the electrical compatibilities, he has a wealth of info on their.
    did you build your own fuse/relay box or use the truck box, gen3 silverado fuse boxes are notorious for corrosion.
    i'll stop here, not tryin to be a dink. i know how frustrating intermittent electrical issues can be. you may be highly skilled and forward thinking or a hack like me.. i dont know but just try to cover some of the bases to get that gem on the road.
    i know my factory 86 wiring had a daisy chain of power fed off the alternator and through a volt gauge and to the starter and over here and under there. old school worked fine without all the clean signal electronics these newer pcms need. hopefully you exnayed all the factory gm garbage and rewired it the rite way. good luck. if anything i mentioned rings any bells i'll be following along, i hope you get it sorted out.

Here's one to compare, or load up and try.

Minor adjustments on injector data
    Removed Airflow from your VE, MAF, Idle Air, based off the last posted log.
    Also relaxed your spark Over/Under Speed.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    2011 Camaro 2SS Convertible L99 Bone Stock for now
    2003 Dodge 2500 5.9 Cummins QC 4x4. Airaid, 2nd Gen Intake, Grid Heater Delete, D-Tech 62/65/12, Magnaflow. Bully Dog: Propane Injection, Triple Dog W/Outlook Crazy Larry. Edge EZ, BD Flow-Max, 48RE: Sonnax Sure Cure/Transgo combination, Derale turbulator, billet input, Triple Disc, Super servo, 4 ring Accumulator. :beer

Also need to try to log the channels in the config files I posted earlier
    2011 Camaro 2SS Convertible L99 Bone Stock for now
    2003 Dodge 2500 5.9 Cummins QC 4x4. Airaid, 2nd Gen Intake, Grid Heater Delete, D-Tech 62/65/12, Magnaflow. Bully Dog: Propane Injection, Triple Dog W/Outlook Crazy Larry. Edge EZ, BD Flow-Max, 48RE: Sonnax Sure Cure/Transgo combination, Derale turbulator, billet input, Triple Disc, Super servo, 4 ring Accumulator. :beer

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by dhoagland View Post
    In that log posted, 11V control module voltage.
    Is your alternator charging?

MAP at 93 idling

It might help to log some more channels
    See if you can save this and then open to your logged channels
    I have those channels saved but i cannot put them into or add them in my vcm scanner ..