Thread: P59 Missing transient fuel table, any OS upgrade available to fix?

Tuner in Training

P59 Missing transient fuel table, any OS upgrade available to fix?

Hey guys, I have been working with a P59 4.3L V6 ECM that was originally recalibrated to a 2004 GTO in order to work with my setup. All info is as follows:

Hardware: P59, GM Gen3 V8, 4.3L V6
    Serial: 1KA06WSE3346
    Operation System: 12587604
    Engine ID: 92209784
    VIN ID: 2004 Pontiac GTO, 5.7L, 8 Cyl

Engine: 5.3L LM4 out of Buick Rainier
    Application: 1986 944 Turbo, stock manual 5 speed transaxle
    Mods: TSP224 .581 cam, LS6 intake, WCRH Stage 2 863 ported Heads, custom ceramic coated long tube headers and exhaust, 36lb injectors (0280155811)

The current tune is OS Mod locked (12587604 -> 1281053) mainly for RTT, but I have uploaded a modified original pre OS Mod (still trying to figure out why I chose 1 Bar MAF enhanced if I am currently SD only, it's been a while...)

Thanks for the help!

944_lm4_latest_noosmod_20220821.hpt

So is it still the V6 OS with changes and a GTO VIN slapped on, or is it a GTO OS?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    So is it still the V6 OS with changes and a GTO VIN slapped on, or is it a GTO OS?
    Pretty sure it's a GTO OS. The ECM is from a van which happened to be a blue/green that still has drive by cable support.

I'm attaching and XDF you can use to add the missing transient fuel parameters. You will need to have "User Defined Parameters" set up in order for it to work.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by Pulse_GTO View Post
    I'm attaching and XDF you can use to add the missing transient fuel parameters. You will need to have "User Defined Parameters" set up in order for it to work.
    So do you have any links so I can learn the xdf and missing parameters stuff? Don't know the process or how it works.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Pulse_GTO View Post
    Interesting. I don't have UDP yet (an extra $169, ouch), but I did open your XDF in TunerPro. Which table would be the fuel to wall transient table? I've attached my injector data and the only thing I am missing that needs to be modified in the tune is the fuel to wall transient table. Thanks!

GTP 36lbs Injector Data.xlsx

2004 is pretty hit and miss on what's in the transient tab - some are 'normal', some are halfway there, some are pretty much barren. If this is a swap vehicle and you don't have to worry about compatibility with factory junk it might be easier to just change to a different platform/OS.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    2004 is pretty hit and miss on what's in the transient tab - some are 'normal', some are halfway there, some are pretty much barren. If this is a swap vehicle and you don't have to worry about compatibility with factory junk it might be easier to just change to a different platform/OS.
    I've noticed you posted here:

https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...-fueling-table

I don't quite get the concept of changing OS/platforms and doing so through HPTuners. I'm all ears though.

SERV No: 12586243 HDW No: 12583659

You just flash it with a different file. Gen3 you can change the OS with a write-entire, unlike Gen4s with the TAC built-in. Though, to do it correctly, you'd use Tech2 & SPS, programming it via the VIN from whatever platform/OS has the features you need.

Or, if you need a different Service Number to be able to use a newer OS, just buy a used PCM of the right SN pre-programmed with the right VIN.

Gen3s are also not so picky about using an auto trans OS with a manual. Look at 2005-2006 non-flex Silverado files from the repository to see if they have the transient thing you're missing.

Quote Originally Posted by robstah View Post
    Interesting. I don't have UDP yet (an extra $169, ouch), but I did open your XDF in TunerPro. Which table would be the fuel to wall transient table? I've attached my injector data and the only thing I am missing that needs to be modified in the tune is the fuel to wall transient table. Thanks!

GTP 36lbs Injector Data.xlsx
    I think it's the Impact Factor Blend Fraction table that you are needing. HPT calls it Fuel to Wall Impact Factor.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMechanic View Post
    So do you have any links so I can learn the xdf and missing parameters stuff? Don't know the process or how it works.
    https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...ned-Parameters