Thread: iPhone 12 (h.265/HEVC .MOV) files not displayed or rendered correctly

Potential Tuner

Exclamation iPhone 12 (h.265/HEVC .MOV) files not displayed or rendered correctly

RaceRenderer 3.7.3 64-bit Windows Deluxe is not displaying or rendering video from my iPhone 12 correctly. The video is shown with terrible vertical interlacing. It is 1080/30 .MOV in I believe HEVC h.265. I've tried both PIP and stand alone and it's the same either way. Windows can play the movies just fine. See pics.

RaceRenderer bad iphone video PIPx.jpg

RaceRenderer bad iphone video plain.jpg
    Last edited by Jordan718; 05-23-2022 at 09:01 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    I've had rather poor luck with RaceRender and H.265 so far... Sometimes they seem fine, other times they have a black outline or are shifted slightly. My videos worked much better after I converted them to H.264 using other video editing software like Davinci Resolve. That's not an ideal solution, but maybe it can get you a better quality video with what's currently available?

Definitely jealous of the car and track time that you've got though.

Potential Tuner
    Thank you very much for the suggestion. I already had Davinci Resolve installed for the rare times that I want to insert captioning on the videos so this was a good solution. Rendering it to h.264 and then importing that to RaceRenderer worked perfectly. I'm still perturbed that the transcoding is required and would like RR to fix their h.265 handling but THANKS for the workaround.