Thread: Gm 1.4 luj sandrail rev limiter help

Potential Tuner

Gm 1.4 luj sandrail rev limiter help

1.4 out of a 2012 Cruze put into a sand rail. Can?t get it to rev past 4-4,200 rpm. Can anyone give me a detailed description on what to Do or Can any one take a look at my tune file and see what i need to do to raise the limit. Thanks

Please post your tune file here, i'm willing to take a look. Also, what has been done on the engine? I mean what kind of exhaust, what does the intake look like (ported or not ported). Stuff like that.

Edit:

Could you also please post a log file with the engine idling and then some revving up to the rev limiter? If you have a wideband, that would be nice too but not required for now.
    Last edited by sbarisic; 05-27-2022 at 04:54 PM.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by sbarisic View Post
    Please post your tune file here, i'm willing to take a look. Also, what has been done on the engine? I mean what kind of exhaust, what does the intake look like (ported or not ported). Stuff like that.

Edit:

Could you also please post a log file with the engine idling and then some revving up to the rev limiter? If you have a wideband, that would be nice too but not required for now.
    I will get it posted up as soon as i can. Thanks for the reply

Potential Tuner
    1.4l t1 alternator .hpt

This should be what?s currently on the ecm.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearr2684 View Post
    1.4 out of a 2012 Cruze put into a sand rail. Can?t get it to rev past 4-4,200 rpm. Can anyone give me a detailed description on what to Do or Can any one take a look at my tune file and see what i need to do to raise the limit. Thanks
    I am not a senior tuner by far but some of those numbers look way out there. I have a 2012 cruze file I will try to upload to you so you can compare and maybe make sense out of this. Hope this helps2012 Chevy Cruze E78 - 12646746.hpt

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by SilveradoNut View Post
    I am not a senior tuner by far but some of those numbers look way out there. I have a 2012 cruze file I will try to upload to you so you can compare and maybe make sense out of this. Hope this helps2012 Chevy Cruze E78 - 12646746.hpt
    Take this file I just sent you and load it and load your file and then go up in the upper section and hit the compare files. I just did this and it will show you all the differences between the 2 programs with different highlites where there are descrepincies. There are a lot dealing with torque management and rev limiting. If all else fails you could probably use this program or if you are worried go to hp tuners and download a file there that matches your powertrain

Quote Originally Posted by Bearr2684 View Post
    1.4l t1 alternator .hpt

This should be what?s currently on the ecm.

I am assuming you are still running the automatic transmission, right? The only thing that i can find that might be limiting to 4000 RPM is the 12836 - Trans Default Torque Limit table. It supposedly kicks in when the communication with the TCM is lost. Try increasing the -50 values to 400 all the way up.

PfGXzEWKyt.png

Potential Tuner legithackerman47's Avatar
    Look in Fuel/Cutoff,DFCO if you haven't already.

If you haven't fixed it yet try this DFCO, extreme cutoff, you may have to reset it to a high setting. I found this out a while back and set mine to 6500 fixed it.

Potential Tuner
    Have the same issue with my rock crawler project.
    Im guessing the issue is that we dont have the VSS signal due that we are not using the stock transmission.

Im wonder if you found a solution just by tuning?