Thread: Comp Cam 268H in 5.7

Potential Tuner

Comp Cam 268H in 5.7

I'm not a young spud but I'm fascinated by tuning and the capabilities of HP Tuners. I am brand new at tuning and I'm very lost at this. As stated in the title, I've got the Comp Cams 268H in my 5.7 and she doesn't want to idle, after warm up. In another threat that I'm not smart enough to find, I read that either a 6.1 or a 6.4 tune is compatible with this cam. Is this true? I just want her to stop stalling at stops. She runs great and has good response and power. Just seems to stall, like starving for air :-( Any help here is appreciated.

Try this go to

Engine> torque model>loss>friction>base and multiply the whole table by 1.1(10%) that should help with the stalling.

If that doesnt work, try going to

Engine>fuel>cutoff, defco>deceleration fuel cutoff and try adjusting those tables. Both of these helped with my stalling issue. I increased the rpm and speed to disable defco so it wasnt wanting to do weird things
    2019 challenger rt
    k&N cold air intake
    92mm hellcat throttlebody
    ported 392 intake manifold
    ported eagle heads
    Cammotion custom 222/234 cam
    stainless works long tube headers and catless mid pipes
    3' catback with h-pipe & pypes violator mufflers
    e-85 tuned
    3.70 lsd

Tuner
    Engine-->Torque Model-->Loss-->Friction Base...
    I have a similar set up but have a different approach to the friction base table. If for whatever reason, the adjustment suggested above doesnt seem to cut it and you find you are still stalling or surging at every stop, try this for the friction base table...
    start with making the entire far left column at 8...next entire column at 7.5, and keep working each column left to right and lowering each value by 1/2 or .50 until you reach 3... then start adding .25 or 1/4 to each column continuing left to right until you reach the last column. By the last column you should have worked your way from 3, back on up to 4.5 for the final column. Probably wouldnt hurt to raise the first 2-3 columns in your "Minimum Airflow" Table about 15-20% (Highlight the first 3 entire columns and then put 1.20 in the box you put your values, and then simply hit the multiply button (X). Also, increase your "Start-Up Airflow" Table by 15-20% across the entire table. If this still isnt enough, just let us know.

Search around here there are a few good tunes for the 268H for the 04-08 5.7 hemi.