Thread: Not getting commanded spark at WOT

Potential Tuner

Not getting commanded spark at WOT

Hi guys, I am hoping someone can assist me with an issue, I am currently commanding 20 degrees timing at WOT but am only seeing approx 10-11 degrees.
    I changed my Burst Knock Retard vs RPM from 8 to 1 to see if that had an affect and nothing changed.
    I am not logging any knock or ECT/IAT retard so not sure what is going on.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Here is a log file as well as my active tune file

Turbo 5.0L Log File.hpl

Turbo 5.0L.hpt_vcm change.hpt

Can someone point me to the guide where it says to set P0101-P0102-P0103 to 'No MIL Light'? I refuse to believe that so many people just independently stumble upon the wrong way to fail a MAF and force speed density all on their own, there's got to be something written up somewhere that people are following. I want to see it for myself and possibly have a little chat with the author(s).

Potential Tuner
    Guys I have found an issue, when under boost doing a WOT pull my cylinder airmass is getting up to 1.58g and my High Octance spark table maxes out at 1.20g, This is a P01 tune file and when I right click on the axis to increase the resolution the EDIT feature is greyed out so I cannot select it.
    Does anyone know why this is ?
    When I load in a E38 tune file the EDIT feature works fine.

Spark table continues with the numbers in the 1.20g row, in case you were worried it might be using some default value that isn't shown on-screen. There are very few combos that will show any benefit from having different spark timing at 1.60g than what it gets at 1.20g (or at any point beyond 1.20g). There are ways to rescale basically everything airflow-related but that's not much fun to do or deal with how it works afterwards, in exchange for basically nothing. You trade away resolution where it really does need it for more cells where it makes no difference.

Doesn't look like his injector data is right either. A few of the tables are nearly the same to a regular LS1 tune I have. His flow rate says 59lb/hr but the other tables are stock still.

If he fixes that and changes the MAF settings, his fueling table might start to look better and it maybe it will start working off the high octane table again.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Senior Tuner
    Well the log started in low octane mode and is working it way back up to high octane mode (on gen 3's this = 1)

I would guess that it has been knocking and pushed it self into the low octane table.

It's possible that the custom os isn't handling low octane mode correctly. I've noticed this way back in the past and since have matched Hi and Lo tables on anything done in speed density.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

There are a bunch of tables which influence timing and can be used to adjust beyond the 1.2g limit

for example "AFR Advance" There is a table which can remove or add timing based on a/f ratio commanded. I use this to pull around 3* from the primary spark table at high enrichment rates because I only command those high enrichments when there is serious boost pressure.

One or more of those tables "ECT adder" & "IAT adder" & "AFR advance" And similar may adjusting your timing up or down without you realizing it